Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Tutorial Tuesday - June quilt QAL with Crazy Mom Quilts

Welcome to the inaugural edition of Tutorial Tuesday!!  This will be a recurring feature on my blog.  I will link to interesting tutorials that I've found out in BlogLand and will begin with the following, while sharing my progress on the project:


Please ignore the two-week lag.

Sometimes a girl is just a sucker for a Quilt-A-Long.  THIS girl is no exception!  When Amanda Jean at Crazy Mom Quilts announced the June quilt (from her new book) QAL, timing was ripe for a new project.  (Well, it SHOULD have been time for tackling another UFO, but we won't go into that now.  UFO Club members, please turn a blind eye.) Anyway, I already have a copy of No Scrap Left Behind (and it was autographed by Amanda at QuiltCon East earlier this year.)


SEW, you see.  I just HAD to quilt along!!

Week 1 - What fabric should I use?

Background, cornerstones, and string choices all have to be made (before Week 2 arrives.)  I searched for the background, only to realize the perfect option was right on my ironing board.  Gray scraps from the back of my recently completed RoboQuilt!!




 After that revelation, I considered my available selections for cornerstones.  It only took a moment to realize I had just purchased the obvious choice... The gray zig zag print from We're Sew Creative is just the ticket!  So much for the skirt that I had THOUGHT would be made from it.  The QUILT insisted!!


Then came the BIG question...

Until next time...
Quilt Along!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.