Monday, November 30, 2015

Mystery Monday Link Up!! Allietare! Part 1

Today is the first LINK-UP of the 2015 Winter Mystery hosted by Bonnie Hunter at Quiltville.  I couldn't resist joining in the fun!  The first clue was released on Friday and subsequent clues will be released on Fridays until all clues have been released.

You've seen the fabric that I'm using (Fabric LINK), but HERE is what we were asked to do with the neutrals and grays from our collection of materials:



We Mystery Quilters were asked to make 200-something of these Half Square Triangle units (HSTs), but I plan to make a smaller quilt, so I'm only making HALF of the units.

However...

As you can see, I have just begun.  The good news is that I have until this coming Friday to finish my required number of HSTs.  Wish me luck!!

HERE is a LINK to the kick-off page... In case YOU decide that you would like to quilt along.

REMEMBER:  You can choose your own colors based on the values that Bonnie provided.  It is NEVER necessary to use the EXACT SAME colors as the designer!!!  Her choices are her own and are meant to be a guideline for your selections.

Until next time...
Be Mysterious!!!

12 comments:

  1. You have a whole week ;-) So how many per day is that - Ha ha!! Love your grey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good looking units completed, you go, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Little by little you'll get it done. The only reason I powered through on mine was because I knew this week was going to be pretty hectic and I probably won't have any time for sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Little by little you'll get it done. The only reason I powered through on mine was because I knew this week was going to be pretty hectic and I probably won't have any time for sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nearly 300! Like you, I'm hoping to be finished by Friday!! Happy Quilting

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like your comments about choosing your own colours. This is the first year I've been brave enough to do that, and it does add to the excitement!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the closing: be mysterious! Clever. I think it is fun to change up the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for stopping by my blog. I got another 40 done today. Love your colors as well. It will be fun to see the end results.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your cool grey constant fabric. It's always fun to chose your own colours

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looking great..I chose different fabrics for 1 of mine

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank You For Visiting My Site. I Am Making The Half Size Also. Love Your Grey.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is my 3rd Bonnie Mystery and I had thought this year I might try a different color combo than hers... until I saw her color cards and fell in love! I also considered making fewer units for a smaller quilt... But I think I'd rather sew them all, and then use only those I need (and recycle the remaining ones, if any, for other projects). I like your fabrics so far.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.