Wednesday, July 29, 2026

Wonderful Wednesday - An RSC Finish in AQUA

Welcome to another edition of Wonderful Wednesday here at The Joyful Quilter!!  Today I'm here to share my latest completed project.  It's not a UFO quilt this time.  Angela at So Scrappy set the RSC Quilters on a path through our AQUA scraps this month.

So...

I grabbed that basket, started sorting through:


Not far from the top of the basket, I found something that sparked my interest and before long I was happily stitching a batch of scraps from my friend Ella:


Using her leftover strip sets, I developed a plan...


Which quickly resulted in this AQUA table runner:


The pink and paisley in the photo above is the backing which was another random strip set of Ella's.  It was just the right size for my project so I pinned it up...


And got right to work using two different colors of thread and minimal quilting:


Here it is, quilted and bound...


And since some of you like to see the back...

This is the reverse side which could totally serve as the "right side" of the runner:


The little runner will live on my bedside table during future AQUA months for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge.  Thanks for the encouragement to USE our scraps one color at a time, Angela.  Your method really works for me.

Until next time...
Make it SCRAPPY!!!

5 comments:

  1. It is truly amazing how beautiful your runner turned out from your friends scraps. Bet she'll be sorry she parted with the fabric when she says what you made of it! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is definitely a reversible runner! It's so pretty with the different shades of turquoise and that pink on the back. Nice finish, Joy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. your runner is a fun use of the aqua scraps! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great use of aqua! I like that you made it a two sided table runner!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it and both sides are super cute. Ella gave you some beautiful scraps - great friend!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.