Walk with me through my days...
SUNDAY - During Weekly Morning Art Zoom, I added the prompt list for July's ICAD and penciled in each on their respective index cards.
Later...
I realized that it's a transition week for the RSC Quilters. I looked back at yesterday's post and found that Angela made the announcement the Color of the Month for July:
AQUA
MONDAY - Art Day
At this week's Library Crawl over on Get Messy, I made this mixed media journal page using Rae Missigman's lesson from The Catalyst:
TUESDAY - Mix Match Day
This afternoon, I enjoyed working alongside my Tuesday Explorers friends at Get Messy. The stack of magazines on my desk got a little shorter, but no photos were taken.
In the midafternoon I met with LeeAnna @ Not Afraid of Color for our Weekly Zoom Call:
After dinner I headed off to my Monthly Evening Quilt Bee meeting:
WEDNESDAY - Art Day
I headed up to the studio before lunch to do some art at Midweek Meetup. There was no one there but me today. I hung out for a little while cutting out letters and words from that stack of magazines I want to recycle once I've collected the usable bits.
Later, I headed back upstairs for my Watercolor Zoom with my friend Belinda...
Today I decided to do an abstract mixed media piece to complement the floral that I painted during our last session. I used watercolor, Neocolor II, colored pencils, and Posca pens, and my King Art Gel Stick Crayons:
THURSDAY - Weekly Quilt Group met at Britt's today and after lunch, Britt and I enjoyed an ARTventure:
Along with the CERILEAN card shown in the photo above, I made a card for the prompt "FAVORITE _____" for ICAD using bits from Britt's tray of paper scraps. I incorporated favorite colors, a favorite shape and one of my favorite art marks:
After a quick bite of lunch, I stopped by Get Messy's Friday Friends Open Studio. My progress today was completing the ORCHESTRA card that I started yesterday at Britt's...
Thanks for the magazine image, Britt!
Before moving on to tackle the THUNDERSTORM prompt for ICAD:
And...
The ink and mark making theme was added to my Week 8 prompt card:
SATURDAY - Independence Day - Happy 250th birthday, America!!
I made some art for the occasion:
It's LINK PARTY day for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge! I hope you have a chance to visit Angela @ So Scrappy to see what the RSC Quilters have been up to this week.
In addition to the patriotic art shown above, I also did a bit of PASTEL scrap sewing...
Just in time to begin sorting through my overflowing AQUA Quilted Scrap Basket for July:
Until next time...
Get SCRAPPY!!
















Phew! I’m tired and all I did was follow along your busy and very creatively productive week! Found your blog from another quilters post and enjoyed looking over your work and earlier posts. Your creativity is boundless! And a nice thing I noted is that a lot comes to you via your computer. A short commute and fun to gather with like minds right from home.
ReplyDelete