Sunday, August 25, 2024

The Guest Blogger(s) - Vol. 56 - Jane & a Basket Full of Oranges

Welcome to another edition of The Guest Blogger(s)!!  I heard from Jane in Australia a few days ago.  She has completed her entry for the August TABLE SCRAPS Challenge.

Here is what she had to say about it...

Hello Joy,
Hope you are well. I enjoyed the challenge this month for two reasons.
First I have always loved the little appliqué baskets, had a thought or two about doing lots for a quilt.
Second we have a new lady at our group who didn’t know quilt-as-you-go so I used the placemat to demonstrate the technique for her.


I think my attempt at needle turn appliqué for the basket was not stellar, it’s rather uneven and has a pointy bit on the base. Of course if I set out to do 50 or 500 one would think the repetition would improve skills, “practice makes perfect”, and with lots to look at one would not be concentrating on each little bit of one basket! Maybe a different type of appliqué could be the way to go too.
Thanks for the challenge Joy, and once again thanks for posting for me.
Jane in Australia.

I replied:

I think it looks amazing, Jane! Your placemat has good contrast, it's got great detailing, and who doesn't love a good polka dot?! Thanks for taking the time to participate in this month's TABLE SCRAPS Challenge. I love the fact that you made it well demonstrating techniques to another quilter and it's always my pleasure to post your work.

Happy quilting!
Joy


Give Jane some quilty love in the comments below.  I'm SEW happy to share her donation placemat entry with all of you.  I know that you enjoy seeing her work as much as I do!  Thank you for sending the photos for the blog, Jane.  It's a pleasure to be able to post your projects (and anyone else's without a blog.)  You are an inspiration to quilters around the globe who are always looking for ways to USE the scraps from our cutting tables!

Link Party REMINDER...

The August 2024 TABLE SCRAPS Link Party will be opening on  Friday, August 30th @ 12:01 AM.  Will YOU be joining in the scrappy fun?  There's still time to make something, even if you haven't started sewing yet!  Small projects are quick and entries can be added until Wednesday, September 4th @ 11:59 PM (EDT).

Until next time...
USE those (table) SCRAPS!!!

4 comments:

  1. What a great placemat! How wonderful to share knowledge with someone who wanted to play with a different technique. Quilters are the best kind of people!--TerryK@OnGoingProjects

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the basket looks great! Love your placemat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The orange are such a great combination! I like your little applique basket, too. Needle turn applique is certainly not my forte, so I admire anyone who tries it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.