Saturday, October 1, 2022

ScrapHappy Saturday - RSC22 - Week 39


Welcome to Week 39 of the Rainbow Scrap Challenge!!  This week was filled with art.  Quilty goodness?  You'll have to see for yourself.

Read on...

SUNDAY - Today began with a bit of Light BLUE... Paint.  Y is for Yarn on today's page for the ABC Printing Challenge...


... And continued with my weekly Zoom call in Sue's World:


MONDAY - I'm still taking it easy from last week's surgery, but took some time to do the final entry of the ABC Printing Challenge.  Z for Zigzag.  I went subtle with my zigs and zags, bit if you look closely, you will see them in the land, sky, and "flowers" of the abstract landscape I created:


TUESDAY - This many days after surgery, my face was swollen this morning.  (I wonder if it was because I forgot the part about NOT bending over last night when I dropped a sock??


I thoroughly enjoyed experimenting with my gel pate this month.  Figuring out how to interpret each of the prompts was a lot of fun.  Here's one last page to celebrate the journey:


WEDNESDAY - Work?  Yep!  I went in just long enough to play Wordle...


And Quordle...


But it was a slow day, so I went home to do a few artsy things.  I stepped WAY outside my comfort zone in a watercolor portrait class with Jennifer Bonneteau @ Rainbow Slinger:


Zoom with LeeAnna @ Not Afraid of Color got canceled today, as we we both trying to keep up with the lessons for a couple of art summits this week.

THURSDAY - This morning was my surgical follow-up appointment.  I wasn't prepared to look just yet, but was told that the site was looking really good.  I had a few errands to run since I (basically) hadn't been out of the house in a week.

After returning home, I watched @hueholdarts demonstrate an abstract landscape for the Life Book Taster Sessions.  This little 4" square was the result:


Tonight was my Monthly Evening Quilt Bee:


We had a couple of stragglers too...



It was so good to see everyone and have time to do a bit collage (like the Faces quilt collage from last year) in my Flowers Magic journal:


FRIDAY - Knit Group was canceled for this morning.  Thanks, Hurricane Ian!  :o(( 

I spent the afternoon listening to the wind and rain, but also did some visual journaling in my new altered book journal.  Dr. Minette Riordan with CreativeU talked us through using a poem, Morning Poem by Mary Oliver, as a jumping off point for our abstract landscape paintings.  This field of lilies is what I came away with:

RSC Quilters, there's a scrap of Light BLUE paint in the sky.

REMINDER...

Here is the LINK for September's TABLE SCRAPS Challenge Link Party.  Be sure to check back for additional entries throughout the weekend since I got confused and released the post last weekend.  It's open through Monday, October 3rd @ 11:59 PM.



SATURDAY - It's LINK PARTY day for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge!  I hope you will join me in visiting Angela @ So Scrappy to see what the RSC Quilters have been up to this week.  I would imagine there might be a fair amount of Light BLUE finishes.

Until next time...
Get SCRAPPY!!

Sharing with Alycia
for

and

With Cynthia
for

9 comments:

  1. I didn't think you were confused about the Table Scraps link-up, but it will great to see more projects! Fun to see your paper and paint art for the week, too. Take it easy today - you need time to heal! 😘

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Wordle ended exactly like mine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you are healing and creating this week. I need to pop out and get that fiberfill.... everyone is quiet so I think I'll sneak out! Hope the winds don't blow too many leaves down.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you are taking it easy on your road to recovery. I know I wouldn't be able to drop a sock and not pick it up. It's natural for me to pick up my stuff (and the stuff of others...). I love watching your art work. I haven't tried Wordle. I'll have to find that in the app store and try it. ~~Kathy S.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad the surgery went well and that you are healing and able to do things (except bending over - be careful!) ~Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great news that the healing is happening. Amazing isn't it that simple activities like picking up a socks quickly jogs one's memory! Rest and play as much as is possible!--TerryK@OnGoingProjects

    ReplyDelete
  7. I lost something and just now I am hearing about your surgery. Take care of yourself and good news that you are healing. Great art work.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice week despite quilting being canceled!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so behind with everything, I had no idea you had a surgery. Wishing you a speedy recovery! Your art looks wonderful, well done with the portrait.

    -Soma

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.