Saturday, October 22, 2022

ScrapHappy Saturday - RSC22 - Week 42

Welcome to Week 42 of the Rainbow Scrap Challenge!!  This week was a busy one with a little of this and a little of that.  There might have even been some quilting.

Shocker, right???  Read on to see just how much...

SUNDAY - Good morning, Knittingsuek!  I enjoyed spending some time chatting before heading off to the airport to pick up my offspring:


If you were wondering...  I still haven't managed to sort through to see exactly what's in scrap bag that Candy gave me on Friday.  Here's a little peek inside:


MONDAY - Work and Wordle???  Apparently, it missed its photo op.  Quordle is here to show you that I don't always win:


I stopped by tonight's Quilt Show turn-in meeting.  Britt had a gift for me.  Thanks, B!  I'll share the contents later in the week:


TUESDAY - Work...

And Wordle in THREE:


Quordle was a mixed bag this morning.  Half easy and half hard, but I rose to the challenge:


Today was also the day that I faced The Beast (the affectionate name of my "space hog" of a longarm in my studio.)  I dug into Candy's scrap bag to help me in the process:

Lime GREEN for the RSC.

WEDNESDAY - Work and a 2nd Wordle win in three guesses:


For a minute there, I thought Quordle would defeat me again today:


After work I decided to play with the gift I received on Monday...


A set of Dylusions Ink Spray in one of my favorite color combinations:


There was a bit of a learning curve, but I tried them through the set of tag stencils from Knittingsuek...


... And they made a bit of a mess:

No worries, B!  They washed off within 24 hours.

It was a fun way to entertain myself while waiting to Zoom with LeeAnna @ Not Afraid of Color:


THURSDAY - Work and Wordle.  In THREE for the 3rd time this week:


Quordle was challenging, but I won (by the skin of my teeth.)  The game didn't stick around for its photo op.

After work???

More work... Quilting, that is:

Look!  Lime GREEN for my RSC Quilter friends.  :o))


FRIDAY - Durham Orange Quilters Guild QUILT SHOW - Today, tomorrow, and Sunday.  While I'm there working, could you see what you think about the two scrap bindings I'm auditioning?  The first is for this month's Rainbow Scrap Challenge project...


The second is my entry for the October 2022 TABLE SCRAPS Challenge entry:



Sorry!  You'll have to wait for next week to see more of that quilt.  The TABLE SCARPS Challenge Link Party will open next Friday.

SATURDAY - It's LINK PARTY day for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge!  I hope you will join me in visiting Angela @ So Scrappy to see what the RSC Quilters have been up to this week.




Until next time...
Get SCRAPPY!!

11 comments:

  1. Those ink sprays are intriguing! I struggled with the wordle and quordle a bit this week but got them both today! Love the circular quilting. Enjoy the quilt show this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those ink sprays look like they could be a LOT of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I have never tried those ink sprays...don't tend to do a lot of that kind of thing...but it looks like you had fun. Wordle and Quordle both keep me thinking! Some days I just get blocked, which is really interesting to me and other days a guess in 3 is a cinch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A busy varied week for you again. Wow!! If i tried spray ink, I'd have a bigger mess than you did! I had an OK week with Wordle too. I keep giving up on Quordle, but know if I would keep trying my brain would be able to wrap around it!! haha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That yellow fabric with the dots - be still my heart! 💛 One day this week I only got 2 out of 4 Quordle words - I'm usually not THAT bad, lol! Finishing up my Table Scraps project this week, too. Looking forward to seeing what you make!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looking forward to seeing your 2 quilts. I am playing giant Sudoku, the one with letters and numbers, it is fun. Have a great new week, Joy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. you are doing great at Wordle, I got last nights in three after a bad run the week before. Curious to see what you're going to make with the ink sprays.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those ink sprays are fun! Way to go on your table scrap project. Perhaps, I'll be healed up enough that I can play along next year. My fingers are crossed!--TerryK@OnGoingProjects

    ReplyDelete
  9. I look forward to seeing more of the ink sprays. Looks like you got the hang of it. The quilting looks so amazing. Have fun!

    -Soma

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that you have so many creative hobbies to enjoy. You sure keep busy. I’m looking forward to seeing your table scraps piece.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm smiling at your Wordle/Quordle pictures and explanations. I have the same attitude! Funny how a little word game can start your day off right... or wrong!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.