Thursday, March 17, 2022

The Guest Blogger(s) - Vol. 31 - Jeannie's Flowers

Welcome to another edition of The Guest Blogger(s)!!  Not too long ago, I checked in with one of our TSC-ers.  She's usually pretty fast with her challenge project and I hadn't seen anything posted.

Here's the PM that I sent on Ravelry:

How are you doing with your YELLOW/GOLD scraps, Jeannie? Has inspirations struck? I know what I want to do. I’ve had it planned for more than a year now. Unfortunately, the notebook with my design notes went missing in the move.

Oh, well…

I suppose I’ll think of something else or rework the design from memory.

Happy quilting!
Joy


Her PM'd response...

I have my yellow background made and fusible on my flowers... I am really enjoying these challenges. I can’t wait after finishing one to start the next one.


Later, she posted the following in the Show and Tell discussion thread on the Quilters Knitting group...

Here is my 2022-03 table scraps challenge:



I put French knots & beads on the flowers to added detail:



I was inspired by Connie Kresin Campbell’s Chinese Forget Me Knot wall hanging...

https://conniekresin.com/mini-chinese-forget-me-not-wall-...

... but I’m putting my twist on it.


Give Jeannie's project some quilty love in the comments below.  I know that you enjoyed seeing her lovely FLORAL wall hanging.  I certainly did!  Thank you for sending photo for the blog, Jeannie.  I'm SEW thrilled to share your project so that others may be inspired to play with embellishments, too!

Link Party REMINDER...

The March 2022 TABLE SCRAPS Link Party starts on Friday, March 25th @ 12:01 AM and closes on MONDAY, March 28th @ 11:59 PM.  At this posting, you have the entire week to start your own YELLOW/GOLD and/or FLOWER project.  I hope that YOU will join in the scrappy fun!

Until next time...
SEW those table scraps!!!

8 comments:

  1. I love Jeannie's project! The scrappy yellow background is fun with the flowers appliqued on top. And what a great way to use rickrack, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful happy mini Jeannie made. I love the extras via embroidery, and the rick rack!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Someone is definitely ready for spring!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE this! From the concept to the colors to the cool rickrack and beads. So love the yellow background too. And you're done already, good job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your Mini Quilt, Jeannie. Love the yellow scrappy background because I love yellow but the flowers with the rickrack stems steal the show. Adorable! LOVE it! Congrats! ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Didn't March just start? How can it be almost over? I've so busy working on other things, I haven't given Table Scraps a single thought.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Rick rack and little flowers just really make that yellow quilt pop!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Jeannie, what a gorgeous mat! The flowers add so much to your piece and the rick rack add some fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.