Saturday, March 19, 2022

ScrapHappy Saturday - RSC22 - Week 11


Welcome to Week 11 of the Rainbow Scrap Challenge!!  This week the RSC Quilters continued their focus on YELLOW/GOLD per Angela's assignment for March.  I would love to say that I got something accomplished toward that goal.


Let's see how that worked out...

SUNDAY - It was a sad day.  Remember those gorgeous flowers that I showed you near the top of last week's post?  They froze on their trees last night!!!  :o((

MONDAY - Link to: Mail Call Monday

It was a beautiful day in the neighborhood, but I think I'm going to have to plant some flowers in a week or so.  Surely, yesterday was our final freeze of the winter:


TUESDAY - It was a work day today.  Not much got done around here, but I did spot this YELLOW/GOLD sign on my way out of the parking lot and thought of my RSC Quilter friends:


WEDNESDAY - Follow this link to: Wonderful Wednesday

This morning, I was doing a little stroll through YouTube and was excited when I came across this Crumb Star tutorial from Tracy @ The Sewing Channel on YouTube.  Here's a glimpse of what you will see, if you watch the video:



Why does that excite you, Joyful???

I absolutely LOVE Star quilts!!!

And...

I just happen to have a block stack (from a previous Rainbow Scrap Challenge) just waiting (for some future Rainbow Scrap Challenge) to be transformed:


In the midday, I ran some errands...

Including an opportunity to check out our local public library for the first time today...


Along with what might be my first and last stop at a new coffee shop.  Coffee has to cool a bit before I can drink it, so imagine my dismay at seeing the "large" size when I opened it at home:


This afternoon, I enjoyed a phone call with Knittingsuek and my weekly Zoom with LeeAnna @ Not Afraid of Color:


THURSDAY - A new edition of The Guest Blogger(s) went live tonight.

Look at the YELLOW scrap (among a rainbow of others) that I found in my batik drawer:


Can you say Project QUILTING entry in progress???

FRIDAY - ZoomKNIT??  That was the plan, but...

Nope.  I had a brain freeze and completely missed it!  :o((

Cleaning was followed by errands to fill my day.  This book made me think of my RSC Quilter friends, but a few of my friends are writers and they might like it, too:


Yep.  Some landscaping needs to happen in the backyard, too.  With the recent time change, we were able to enjoy this lovely sunset to close out the week:


SATURDAY - It's LINK PARTY day for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge!  I hope you will join me in visiting Angela @ So Scrappy to see what the RSC Quilters have been up to this week.  I ended up finishing this post while waiting for my (now postponed) Zoom call with Knittingsuek.  SEW sorry to be late to the party!

What's next, Joyful???

I'll be heading up to the studio to work on tomorrow's PQ deadline:


Until next time...
Get SCRAPPY!!

9 comments:

  1. Oh no on the frozen flowers - that's no fun! Those daffodils are pretty, though. Mine are all about 2 inches tall at this point - it will be awhile before there are blooms. Good luck on your PQ finish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dropped by to see what was happening all week, and agree, buy some flowers as they are the colorful glitter in nature

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never good when a late frost gets the blooms. Hope you had a successful day in the studio. 3 days of nothing stitching wise for me. Maybe tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, that rainbow crumb star is so beautiful! Glad you were able to enjoy the spring flowers, however briefly. Spring will be there for real before too long.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with the new flowers, sorry about the hard freeze. Weather is weird. Thanks for the link to the crumb stars, they look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such pretty daffodils,Joy . So sorry some of your flowers were nipped by the cold spell. Warmer weather is on our way soon. Fingers crossed. Very pretty fabrics that you have found to play with. Looking forward to seeing what you create. Happy quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh no! What have you done now? Crumb star quilt is calling my name! Did you tell it my name? It would be so much fun to do this star, right? Ok. I'll go check the tutorial. Oh, you, enabler! Lol. ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Spring just teases us! So yes - buy the flowers to encourage spring to stay. Star blocks are one of my very favorites too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.