Saturday, March 5, 2022

ScrapHappy Saturday - RSC22 - Week 9

Welcome to Week 9 of the Rainbow Scrap Challenge!!  It's transition week at the RSC, as participants put away their AQUA/TEAL scraps of February.  We will start working with scraps of a different color.

I've linked to the posts released of the various days, in case you missed any of them and here's how my week went...


The week began with my weekly Zoom call with Knittingsuek:


Later, the prompt for PQ 13.5 was released and these are the supplies I chose for my entry:



MONDAY - Mini Monday

After enjoying my Valentine's Day gift for two weeks, the two remaining flowers appear to be ready for the compost bin:



TUESDAY - It was a work day today.  Not much else got done.  Angela has posted the Color of the Month for March.  It is time to pull out our scraps in...

YELLOW/GOLD


There was busy work to be done around the house, but once later afternoon rolled around, I was happy to stop and share a Zoom call with LeeAnna @ Not Afraid of Color:



After dinner, I actually returned to the studio to play with some HSTs which may feature heavily in the week's PQ challenge project:



THURSDAY - I took the time to pull out all of my YELLOW/GOLD fabric scraps.  Here is what I have to work with in March's Rainbow Scrap Challenge Color of the Month.  My idea for the TABLE SCRAPS Challenge is calling to me, but it will have to wait a few days:


I just WISH that I could find this (still incomplete) Hands2Help project so that I can finish it up for this year's Challenge:

photo currently unavailable!!

FRIDAY - I dropped in to ZoomKNIT for a little bit this morning.  We all got a good laugh when Stacy demonstrated some of the zany features for Beth, who was having trouble figuring out how to remove the background that she had enabled for a recent online class:


This afternoon, I had lunch and a lovely visit with my good friend Hilary:



SATURDAY - It's LINK PARTY day for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge!  I hope you will join me in visiting Angela @ So Scrappy to see what the RSC Quilters have been up to this week.  YELLOW/GOLD might feature prominently.

Spring is in the air and in the flower garden:


Until next time...
Get SCRAPPY!!

16 comments:

  1. Beautiful daffodils! I'm waiting impatiently for ours. You have a lot of yellow and gold scraps! A big yellow quilt would be exceptionally cheerful. Just an idea. . . :) Happy Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the yellow on your garden, Joy.
    Hope you find the H2H quilt and enjoy finishing it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another busy week, I see. I don't know how you manage to keep up with work, your household commitments, all these challenges, and plain-ole play time in your sewing room!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Always fun to play with a new color! Your daffodil photo is perfect for that, too. My daffodils are finally showing themselves - they are about an inch tall!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like daffodils got the RSC memo for March. I only get dandelions in my yard :-(

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those Daffodils are certainly announcing Spring, aren't they. Down here in my part of the world it has clicked over to Autumn, but we should have nice warm days for a while yet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Envying those daffs! (Ours aren't even close to coming up!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. We all must be needing the signs of spring here in the US and Northern Hemisphere .I love seeing your daffodils! Nothing like that here in Wyoming. We got 2” of snow overnight! Bleck! I’m anxious to see your PQ entry! I had a thought to participate! But oops! It’s Saturday! Where did the week go? You go girl! Amazing’

    ReplyDelete
  9. I always loved seeing the sunny daffodils pop up in the spring. Have fun playing with yellow this month. I wonder what the table topper will be.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love seeing the daffodils coming up!!! Of course, I enjoy seeing all the quilty happenings as well!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, look at those daffodils! What a cheerful view!

    ReplyDelete
  12. we are having spring snows in the mile high. I enjoyed seeing your weekly round up and of course you're zoom is my weekly highlight.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yay for the daffodils! I guess they are up for your RSC challenge. Hope you find your H2H project. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Isn't the beginning of the month a fun time, when we start a new color? Good luck with the yellow scraps, looks like you have tons!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I always enjoy the color changes at the beginning of each month. It's like a fresh start. Beautiful daffodils! I'm impatient for spring to arrive. We were gone for 5 days, and came home to about 6" of snow, which is crazy since most of our winter so far has been brown and dry.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.