Saturday, January 1, 2022

ScrapHappy Saturday - RSC22 - Day 1

Welcome to Day 1 of the 2022 Rainbow Scrap Challenge!!  This past week was kind of a limbo week.  Week 52 of RSC21 was reported last Saturday.  However, there are still 52 more Saturdays in 2022 after today, hence the title of this post.



That being said, I still have a few things to share with you...


My family enjoyed our holiday feast today.  Sorry!  No photos.  Not even one!  :o((

MONDAYI made the front page of the website at work... well, my name did.  Just ignore my hand reaching for those dangerously delicious double dipped chocolate covered peanuts!  Focus on the joy:


TUESDAY - My evening Quilt Bee met on Zoom tonight with 4 members and 1 guest/new member present:


Welcome, Stacy!  It was nice to meet you.  SEW glad that you could finally join us and hope you will come back soon!  Just after Stacy left the meeting, Britt ambled in:



WEDNESDAY - This afternoon, I took a trip around my old stomping grounds.  First to Knittingsuek's to trim up the back of her hair (which had gotten too long and is nearly impossible to get right all on your own), next I went for my annual check up with my doctor, and then went off to see Diane H. for a little while:


She had scraps for me and a darling little whole cloth mug rug.  We enjoyed a nice long chat on her beautiful front porch.  (Thanks, Diane!!)

THURSDAY - My office looks decidedly more festive with the mug rug that Diane made for me:


I took a cruise through her scrap bag after dinner tonight:


These beautiful quilting samples were included which gave me an idea about what I might do at this weekend's Sew Day:


Another thing I did was try on these new-to-me slippers...


Knittingsuek and I did a slipper swap yesterday.  (Thanks, Sue!!)  She got the pair that had been sitting in my closet unworn and replaced them with this pair that were too big for her, but fit me perfectly:



Slowest day in the history of my Southern Season employment!!!  I was more than ready for the weekend to arrive.  Not as spectacular a sunset as some, but pretty none the less:


It was a pleasant 68* when I left the office.  I really wanted to go for a walk when I got home, but there was the scent of wood smoke in the air.  That doesn't make for good breathing and Mt. Washmore was awaiting attack!

SATURDAY -  Happy New Year!!!  RSC22 - The Plan

It's LINK PARTY day for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge!  I hope you will join me in visiting Angela @ So Scrappy to see what the RSC Quilters have been up to this week.  Some of them may have gotten a start on their RED scraps!  Angela was kind enough to give us a little hint on Instagram the other day.  (Last week?  Whatever!)

Don't be surprised if you don't/didn't hear from me today.  I have/had a (Virtual) Sew Day to attend.  There was a revolving door of participants throughout the day.  The early morning crowd...


Mid-morning:



And...

The afternoon crowd:


I worked my way through some of Diane's gifted scraps.  I'm thinking these may be a head start on a few of my 2022 TABLE SCRAPS Challenge entries or a selection of prizes for the Blog Hops that I hope to participate in during the year:


Tonight's dinner made me feel like a gourmet chef:

https://gimmedelicious.com/creamy-garlic-parmesan-salmon/

DS2 and I enjoyed an evening stroll (after our pre-dinner walk got rained out.)  Between the breeze and the warmth, it was easy to imagine that I had somehow been transported to the beach.  Remarkably enough, it was 70* and breezy tonight.  The high for the day was 79* and that's just crazy for January 1st!!  Now, the forecast is calling for a chance of SNOW on Monday.

Looking forward to...

Zooming with LeeAnna @ Not Afraid of Color tomorrow afternoon.

Until next time...
Get SCRAPPY!!

7 comments:

  1. I wondered how you knew the January color. We were able to entertain neighbors on the new deck yesterday and now we're expecting up to 3" of snow this afternoon-evening. Talk about whiplash!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Joy! Congratulations on your front page fame! I'm wondering if the cold air has reached you yet. It was in the high 70s during Christmas week, and this morning it is 17 and not forecast to get above freezing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you made the front page!!! I love it!!!
    and what a fun idea - a slipper exchange!!!! yours are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. are we zooming Sunday this time??? Did you send a link? I'm game if you are...
    Leeanna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your new slippers are so cute! You rock, girl! Enjoy! ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoy the warm when it happens and hunker down when it gets cold--there are lots of ups and downs! lol
    Great week--I'm glad for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Crazy weather everywhere! My kids are in the DC area and they got a ton .. not to mention losing power. Ugh! Glad you're able to Zoom. It's a great way to meet up with friends.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.