Scraps. I've got SEW many YELLOW fabric scraps:
I decided to sew some into Crumb blocks:
What better project for a bunch of Crumb blocks than a(nother) Quilted Scrap Basket:
I built chunks...
... To build rows:
The photo below shows me auditioning a spacer of sorts:
That sashing strip didn't make the cut:
With the rails of the longarm free, I decided to load it before switching out the design board for my next client quilt:
The basket panel was loaded with a scrap of batting and quilted up:
Since there were still a few hours before bedtime, I began the basket construction process and ended up attaching the binding... To the WRONG side of the basket:
Fortunately, I noticed and corrected my error before too many inches! I did something different this time. This basket asked for finished interior seams, which looks nice, but I don't see the point of:
Note to self... Quilter's Dream Poly Select makes for a wonderful quilt, but it's not quite sturdy enough for a Quilted Scrap Basket:
Well, it looks like I owe Judy an apology. I told her that I wouldn't be making a basket this month. Sorry, Judy!! It looks like I actually COULD have participated in another of our Basket Challenges.
Sharing with Alycia
Whooping it up with Sarah (on Friday)
Until next time...
SEW what makes you happy!!