Saturday, December 20, 2014

GIMQ, Clue 4

Clue 4 in the Grand Illusion Mystery Quilt came out yesterday.  I was so busy with Holiday shopping and various errands that I didn't manage to take a look at Bonnie's latest set of instructions until just before dinner time.

I'm sure there are many participants who are thinking, "Well!  Color me surprised!"

Why???

The reason is quite simple.  Bonnie did a rerun with variants, instead of beginning to assemble the pieces that we made over the past 3 weeks.

Here are the components of this week's clue:






Can you begin to see what we put together???

Well, being the smart quilters that you are, you KNOW that you will have to wait for Monday to see the reveal.  :P

Here's one (give or take) more peek at the progress:







Thank you to Needleb for bringing over her handy-dandy cutting machine.  It makes quick work of cutting (and amplifies my mistakes when I choose the wrong fabric to cut!!)

Wanna hear something amazing???

I finished this clue (for a half sized quilt) in ONE afternoon and evening!!!  ALL of the cutting and ALL of the sewing has been completed.  Not just portions of the clue, mind you.  I finished the ENTIRE clue!  I am SO excited... and now I can concentrate on working on the balance to clue 2 and 3 (since I didn't do any leaders or enders today.)

Until Monday...
Happy Quilting!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.