Sunday, May 19, 2024

The Guest Blogger(s) - No. 53 - Kentucky Derby in Australia

Welcome to another edition of The Guest Blogger(s)!!  I received an email from Jane in Australia last week.  She has completed her entry for the May TABLE SCRAPS Challenge.

This is what she had to say...

Hello Joy
Herewith is my delightful placemat for Kentucky Derby and Pink.
Horse racing threw me for a bit, but I remembered this scrap of fabric.

Here is the story of her entry...

Snugglepot and Cuddlepie are two little gum nut babies who live in the Australian bush, (gumnuts in the eucalyptus trees). The wicked banksia men (seed pods on the banksia trees) caught them and threw them into the ocean. The gumnuts did not drown, they were quite at home down there. They met John Dory and Ann Chovy and lots of lovely fish people.
One day they were at the races - the sea horse races!!
The colours were perfect for the fat quarter of pink and blue fabric and the scrap of pink for the border and binding was also perfect.
I’m keeping this one! Such wonderful childhood reading memories!


And a reflection...

Remember when I was making table runners and had one left to do? This is the fabric which I bought to be the ocean around a map of Australia.
The map is done but I have not finished the runner - needs more inspiration and lots more work yet.

Thanks once again for posting my entry in your challenge each month.
Trust you are well,
Jane in Australia

Give Jane some quilty love in the comments below.  I assured her that it wasn't meant to be a literal prompt, but an open one with many possibilities.  I'm pleased to share her darling entry for this month's challenge.  I feel certain that you enjoy seeing her work as much as I do!  Thank you for sending a photo for the blog, Jane.  I'm thrilled to post your projects (and anyone else's without a blog.)  They serve to inspire us to USE the scraps that most of us continue to accumulate!

Link Party REMINDER...

The May 2024 TABLE SCRAPS Link Party will be opening on  Friday, May 31st @ 12:01 AM.  I hope that YOU will join in the scrappy fun!  You haven't started sewing yet?  No worries.  Small projects are quick to make and entries can be added until Wednesday, June 5th @ 11:59 PM (EDT).

Until next time...
USE those (table) SCRAPS!!!

6 comments:

  1. That is adorable! Such a fun fabric to go with this month's challenge. Great job, Jane!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great story and a pretty entry for the challenge! It is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jane, I so enjoyed the story that I wished it was longer. John Dory and Ann Chovy cracked me up! Just lovely. Your little project is just perfect. I hope it will become a wall hanging as it too pretty to put something on it. Thanks for sharing this with us and congratulations on nailing this challenge. ;^)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chantal, thanks ever so much. I’m pleased you suggested a wall hanging, I didn’t really want to “use” it, but was a bit stuck on “placemat”. I’m off to put on a hanging sleeve, Jane

      Delete
  4. What a cute story and perfect for pink Kentucky Derby!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with Chantal! It would make a great mini to hang on the wall! John Dory and Ann Chevy racing seahorses. Delightful !

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.