Saturday, March 18, 2023

ScrapHappy Saturday - RSC23 - Week 11

Welcome to Week 11 of the Rainbow Scrap Challenge!!  This week began with waking to a rain snow mix that changed to rain, then snow before stopping within 45 minutes.

Well, THAT was exciting!

SUNDAY - About an hour later, my friend texted to say it was snowing at her house.  That was just AFTER thinking I had lost my mind...

Why is that, Joyful???

Apparently, I missed the memo saying it was time to change the clocks ahead an hour for Daylight Saving Time.  I had committed the time of the weather occurrence to memory, got up, got dressed, and went to eat breakfast.  Done with that (and bit of computer time) I checked the clock...

Only to find that the living room and kitchen clock said 8:00, but that couldn't be right, unless someone changed the time on the bedroom clock.  (It's morning.  I'm a little slow.)  I went back to see if I had misremembered.  Nope!  It definitely said 9:00. 

Back on the sofa, things clicked into place. I opened my computer and Googled Daylight Saving Time 2023.  Oh!  That explains things.  March 12th - November 5th.  (For some reason, I thought it was April to October.)

With the question of time cleared up, let's see how the rest of the week went...

It was time to Zoom with Knittingsuek:


After lunch...

I gathered potential options for binding this UFO quilt:


Before dinner...

DS2 helped me unload, reload, AND (more importantly) raise my Pressing Station to a more comfortable height.  It's not pretty, but it's DONE!!  No more waiting for Mr. Basket to design and build a shelf as a spacer:


There is a down side to my impatience.  These rolling dollies (?) didn't come with wheel locks.  :o((
The up side is that I can roll the Pressing Station closer to the wall if some additional Design Floor space is needed.  :o))

MONDAY - Mini Monday

As I was leaving for work, I was greeted by the following scene:


After work, I took the time to do a grocery run.

TUESDAY - Work and tackling Mt. Washmore.


This afternoon, work was followed by my weekly Zoom call with LeeAnna @ Not Afraid of Color:



THURSDAY - I really meant to go to my Weekly Quilt Group meeting, but just couldn't make myself leave the house.  SEW sorry, quilters!  I'll see most of you on Saturday.

FRIDAY - Please to have been able to attend Knit Group this morning:


AND... I actually KNIT!!!  (Un-knit, too, but we won't discuss that.)

This afternoon???

Some GREEN scrap sewing fun!  Check back Sunday to see what this will become:


SATURDAY - It's LINK PARTY day for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge!  I hope you will join me in visiting Angela @ So Scrappy to see what the RSC Quilters have been up to this week.  You go on along and I'll catch up with you later.  I'm taking my pot luck offering and heading out to my (now) Quarterly Quilt Bee meeting.

NOTICE:  Next week is the Sew It, Show It Little GREEN Apples Blog Hop.  Stop by THIS LINK on Tuesday to see what I made.

Sigh...  I accidentally posted to LAST week's link party.  I'm going to add the post to this week's party, as well.  (Sorry about that, Angela!  I was in a hurry to link up this morning and didn't notice that you hadn't released today's post yet.)

Until next time...
Get SCRAPPY!!

6 comments:

  1. I totally get it on the time change! It used to be April until October, but somewhere along the line it got changed. Good thing most of my clocks change themselves now! I wish we could stop the whole thing. Waiting for your green stitching on Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought the time change was the first weekend in April, too - they moved it up on us this year! Glad you got everything figured out. Looking forward to seeing what you've been doing with those green scraps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. sewing or no sewing,sounds like you had a full week,those green scraps look promising & just waiting to be turned into cute blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That time change is hard when you remember - what confusion you must have had! Glad you got your Pressing Station to a better height - it does make a difference.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Changing the clocks can certainly disrupt the household, especially for those who are employed. Our clocks go back at Easter, must check the exact date.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.