Wednesday, October 27, 2021

The Guest Blogger(s) - Vol. 23 - Jane from Australia

Welcome to another edition of The Guest Blogger(s) here at The Joyful Quilter!!  The end of another month is quickly approaching.  Jane emailed this morning.  Right on schedule!  She is SEW good about submitting her TABLE SCRAPS Challenge.

Her October entry is another beauty...

A very modern looking runner:



This is the story that Jane shared along with her photo...

A few months ago I made a quilt for my husband’s ophthalmologist who has been marvellous to him/us. I knew his favourite colour was blue, and remembered a quilt I had seen a lot of years ago. I have no idea when/where so can’t give any credit.

As the type of piecing was not usual for me, I drew and printed paper templates and pieced directly onto them. I made enough blocks for a row and it lived on our table for a week or so while we decided we liked it enough to go ahead.



After the quilt was finished and gifted, my husband asked me to actually make a table runner similar to the test run and now it is also finished. I only made 5 blocks as the length of the 8 blocks in the queen size quilt was too long for the table.



Thanks again Joy for the challenge and for posting my runner each month.  I have a few more ideas darting around for the next couple of months. The challenge has kept me on track so far…
Jane



Share the quilty love for Jane's project in the comments below.  I know that you enjoyed seeing her stunning modern (quilt and) runner as much as I did!  Thank you for sending photos for the blog, Jane.  I'm happy to post them to inspire others to USE those scraps we quilters are SEW busy generating with each project we create!

Link Party REMINDER...

The October 2021 TABLE SCRAPS Link Party will be open from  Friday, October 29th @ 12:01 AM - MONDAY, November 1st @ 11:59 PM.  Will YOU be joining in the scrappy fun?

Until next time...
Run(ner) off those empty tables!!!

9 comments:

  1. The quilt and table runner are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning is the right word for these two quilts! Thanks for sharing them with us and congratulations on the many timely finishes.
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that runner is really attractive! I like a new design she has achieved!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty! So the color is blue this month? I have a hard time keeping up with the color of the month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, sorry Nancy, but I have not been following the RSC colours. I have been making runners I particularly wanted to do.

      Delete
  5. So pretty in blue! I'd better go finish my table topper....

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful quilt and table runner. I really like how modern it looks. And, the table runner sure looks great on your table.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a gorgeous quilt, and a lovely gift! Making a tablerunner out of the scraps so that you get to keep a little of that quilt in your home is such a great idea. Beautiful finish, Jane!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.