Thursday, August 26, 2021

The Guest Blogger(s) - Vol. 20 - Jane From Australia

Welcome to another edition of The Guest Blogger(s)!!  I'm here to let you know that I got an email from Jane this morning.  Since it's nearing the end of the month, I'm guessing that you know what she might have had to say.

Jane wrote the following about her August 2021 TABLE SCRAPS Challenge...

Hi Joy,
This time I have made a runner for the dresser in our guest room. I have collected lots of pretty flower fabrics, those which tend to look realistic rather than abstract or geometric in style. After several quilts, I set aside pieces for hexagons, quilt as you go style. The batting is behind each flower, and the backing is wrapped to the front and then stitched down, which also serves as the quilting. The backing for each hexie  is the same fabric, a greenish leafy pattern, which makes a break between the flowers but also tends to tie them together. The hexies are whip stitched together from the back.

Here are the photos she sent along...

The dresser:


The side table:



Share the quilty love for Jane's project in the comments below.  I know that you enjoyed seeing her simply stunning QAYG Hexi runner and topper as much as I did!  Thank you for sending photos for the blog, Jane.  I'm SEW pleased to post them for all to see!

LINK PARTY REMINDER...

The August 2021 TABLE SCRAPS Link Party will be open from  Friday, August 27th @ 12:01 AM - MONDAY, August 30th @ 11:59 PM.  That means there's still an entire week to finish up your project (or start one!)  Will YOU be joining in the scrappy fun?

Until next time...
Run(ner) off those empty tables!!!

4 comments:

  1. I love working with hexagons and Jane's are very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love her flower hexagons with the leafy green borders! Just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both your projects are lovely, Jane. I should try some QAYG hexies. I've done the EPP ones, but I'm very slow.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.