Friday, August 28, 2020

Design Floor Friday - {Purple} Palace Update

Welcome to another edition of Design Floor Friday!!  At the beginning of the month I shared my IMPROV Adventure in this blog POST.  Since then, I have made some progress and thought I would share that with you today.

Here is where we left off:



For the last week or so, it hung on the studio Gallery Wire so that I could see it each time I went up to sew.  This week, I took it down and layered it for quilting.

During that process, I had an idea of how to use the bright leafy batik that didn't work in the garden area of the "condo complex"...


... So with scissors in hand, I cut back some of the shrubbery:


The landscaping effort took some time...


Once one tenant had added greenery...


... Another wanted to try out their green thumb:


Several locations were tested...


... Alas, not everyone is successful at keeping plants alive (says the woman whose porch produce squash plants have failed to thrive.)  ThanHere is the final landscape plan:



Next comes quilting!  Thankfully, LeeAnna was kind enough to share her thoughts on how to manage that aspect of the project.  I was fresh out of ideas.  :o))

Linking up with Alycia
for

and

With Cynthia
for
(On Sunday!)

Until next time...
SEW and grow!!!

12 comments:

  1. cute story. Love the addition of the leaves. Great job! ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun. I loved to follow your thoughts about this piece. Will be great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so cute! Great idea to add some landscaping, Joy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The landscaping was a great idea. It adds some unexpected fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I heart the landscaping in your condo complex!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those little leaves! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love a little whimsy in a project. Such a clever idea. Looking forward to seeing how this gets quilted.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So much purple fun! I love a quilt with a good story!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is looking great. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nicely done. Landscaping really adds the finishing touch to a home!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your gardening is definitely paying off; the complex looks so much more interesting with a bit of greenery. I'm wondering if there are any cats in the neighbourhood.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.