Sunday, August 29, 2010

Loose-y Goose-y


Loose-y Goose-y
Originally uploaded by basketcasejoy
I've been so busy with work that I haven't posted in a week. That's the way it goes sometimes. . . all work and no play! It makes me a VERY sad quilter. (Picture my frowning face here.)

Months ago, I designed this 8.5" x 11" Journal Quilt as a pencil drawing on muslin. I waited (and waited) to implement the design. Why? I couldn't decide how I would accomplish the piecing.

At first, I was thinking that I would do foundation piecing. That is by NO means a favorite method of mine! A friend suggested fusible applique. That's when I knew my design could become a reality!

I hope you like the (unfinished) result.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.