Wednesday, December 22, 2021

The Guest Blogger(s) - Vol. 26 - Jane from Australia

Welcome to another edition of The Guest Blogger(s)!!  This is the final month for the 2021 TABLE SCRAPS Challenge.  Jane didn't let me down!

Here she is with this month's report...

Hi Joy,
Here are my December runners- yes plural!
I wanted a festive-ish runner which could be used in the run up to Christmas (pardon the pun) and I also managed to use up some previously finished cross stitch pieces and made fabric trees. (The Holy Night embroidery was just now made to even up the  trees🌲 .)


And other side..



Then I wanted a runner with more depth of colour to carry my bling tree on Christmas Day. My sister and I made a bling tree each from old jewellery, the most bling ever in my house at one time..


And the other side



The P made from “pearls” was made for my mum, Pearl, when I was very young, and it came back to me some years ago when she died, so it is a lovely reminder of her love for me in keeping it her whole life.
And to complete the bling the little mirrored base does actually turn.

Best wishes to you and your family, and all your blog readers, for a wonderful Christmas and a safe holiday, Jane 


Give Jane some quilty love in the comments below.  I know that you enjoyed seeing her holiday runners (and special trees) as much as I did!  Thank you for sending photos for the blog, Jane.  I'm thrilled to post your projects.  They serve to inspire others to USE their scraps that we quilters seem to accumulate!

Link Party REMINDER...

The December 2021 TABLE SCRAPS Link Party will be opening on  Friday, December 24th @ 12:01 AM and I'm hope that YOU join in the scrappy fun!

Until next time...
Run(ner) off those empty tables!!!

4 comments:

  1. Fun post--nice of you to share other's work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cant get the photos to load. I wonder what's wrong?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also can't see the photos, unfortunately. I'm getting a "410 Gone" error, which is a shame, as Jane's items are usually beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ditto for me! No photos! No error, just tiny little empty squares. I’ll try again tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.