Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Wonderful Wednesday - Hendersonville Style

Welcome to another edition of Wonderful Wednesday!!  This week I will share the remainder of my Spring mountain trip.  As you may recall, I recently (nearly a month ago!) spent time at A Mountain Quiltfest.  My event finished up just as Knittingsuek and Needleb were in a class in nearby (a relative term) Hendersonville, North Carolina.

I decided to go via the Blue Ridge Parkway, The Scenic Route:



I've got photos from the "dash cam":


Coming out of Gatlinburg, I began noticing signs from last year's big fire:


There may be a sad memory quilt somewhere in here:


My favorite things about the mountains are the tunnels...


The winding roads...


And the mountain streams:


Wow!! The temperature dropped when I stopped for this "selfie":


The bright blue and yellow specks upstream are kids.  Mom offered to spare me from only having a (not great) selfie picture:


No one was along to refuse a stop at a Scenic Overlook:


Amazing how the view changes with just a few steps:


Several shots from The Last Tree Standing...



At least, I think that's what it was called:



Oh!  A larger mountain stream, closer to the road:


I'm getting better at this "selfie" thing:


Entering Cherokee, North Carolina:


Delicious!!  Just like old times:


A view of the Paul's Family Restaurant sign:


It doesn't look like much, but as soon as I passed by, memories of our Cherokee family vacation came flooding back and I just HAD to eat where we ate on that trip:



New to me:


Aiming for a mountain view:



Lake J, as seen from the golf course across the road:



Arrival at the classroom in Beginnings Quilt Shop:



Britt is certainly making progress on her class sample:


Sue is getting individual attention from teacher, Patsy Thompson:


Waiting well:


Afterward...



OK, so none of us actually drank this stuff...


This was all for Hilary's benefit - to see what she was missing:


The Departure:





Until next time...
Quilting adventures await!!!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a great time! I love the BRP, too, especially all the little streams. I'll bet Patsy Thompson is a great teacher.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.