Monday, October 10, 2011

MR4 (Ravelry) Mug Rug Swap

I am hosting another Mug Rug Swap on Ravelry.com and this time we voted to have a common theme.  Well, common THEMES, to be more precise.  The chosen theme for MR4 will be Fall or Winter, the season or holidays within, recipient's choice.  What FUN!!!

Although, I thought that I might have to drop out, since we were one swapper short.  I put out a call for a Swap Angel, but there wasn't one available.  However, in the end, I just signed myself up for two. I had a mug rug almost ready to go that fit a fall theme. Another wouldn't really be a problem. Don’t know why I didn’t think of that to begin with!


MR4.1 Winter

My swap partner wanted a "Modern" Winter themed mug rug with icy blues/creams and pop of red.  I think that I've got it covered.  I'm sewing down the binding this afternoon.  Once that's done, only the embellishment remains.


This photo shows the twin mug rug to the one received by Fidissimus:


MR4 Winter (twin)


MR4.2 Fall

Once I realized that I could actually manage TWO mug rugs, I went to work on finishing one that I had put together over the summer (when I was studiously ignoring several of my UFOs.)  My 2nd swap partner had chosen Fall - the season.  This was lucky for me. That piece that I already had in the works could work perfectly for this theme.  I absolutely LOVE it when I can combine a new project with a bit of a UFO!!!

MR4 Fall (Made by Me!)

It's in the mail, making its way to Nyesara in Tasmania.  How COOL is that?!?!?!  I'll post a picture once it arrives.  (NOTE:  She got it and she loves it!)

Until next time...
Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.