Saturday, August 26, 2023

ScrapHappy Saturday - RSC23 - Week 34

Welcome to Week 34 of the Rainbow Scrap Challenge!!  This month Angela called for YELLOW scraps to be used in our projects.  The question is...

Did you get any sewing done, Joyful???  Let's have a look...

SUNDAY - Ut-oh!  My use of small scraps seems to have transferred to the paper stash!  I made this tiny booklet with a 5" piece of gelli printed paper from my friend Britt:


Another Roll-the-Dice Art Prompt game at the Easy Like a Sunday Morning Get Messy hangout.  I was the one with nothing in particular to work on and requested assistance to get me going.  This spread was created using the prompts gold, maps, paint drips, doodling, and splatter:


My weekly Zoom call with Knittingsuek was scheduled for early afternoon.  It was an abbreviated session due to the Get Messy Retreat going on over the weekend:


MONDAY - Work and...

Wordle.  I haven't been sharing my experience recently, but this was just too good:


After work, I swung by home to grab my stuff and headed off to dinner.  Check out the quilt block tiles on the wall of the ladies room...


At Alpaca Chicken.  My current favorite food stop before Quilt Guild.  Tonight's presenter, Brenda Gael Smith, came to us from Australia via Zoom:


She shared class samples for the workshop that I've signed up for in October.  If you've been reading my blog for very long, you might know how much I like circles, spots, dots and curves.  I'm looking forward to trying out her improv techniques:


TUESDAY - Before heading off to work, I was inspired Claire Formalin's prompt list of book paper, the color PINK, and FLOWER.   This piece of index card art is what came from her list and my supplies and her example.  It's my entry for Week Two of the  Rolodex Challenge.  Except...  I don't have one of those:


Autumn is on the horizon and this Pumpkin Swirl donut is (delicious!) proof:


How funny that today's Wordle is feeling the Fall vibes, too:


WEDNESDAY - My day off.  What a fun day it turned out to be!  First...

Knittingsuek came over to the Joyful Hair Salon:


For a snazzy new haircut:


After lunch...

 I Zoomed with LeeAnna @ Not Afraid of Color


THURSDAY - I finished up this little quilt before work:



Work was preceded by Knit Group:


Yarny friends, get a load of the fun skirt that Tracy found:


SATURDAY - It's LINK PARTY day for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge!  I hope you will join me in visiting Angela @ So Scrappy to see what the RSC Quilters have been up to this week.

Until next time...
Get SCRAPPY!!

10 comments:

  1. Always so much happening at your place! Love seeing your art challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got yesterday's Wordle with my first word! (Lucky for me - it was the word I start with every day.) Love your yellow nails and seeing the fun you're having with the paper art. Whatever gives us *Joy,* right?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that donut!!!
    brave to cut a woman's hair sez I
    glad you had so much fun this week, I had fun talking with you
    Leeanna

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a fun week! my serger came unthreaded putting a hault on a few projects ,I hate threading that thing😅I'm teaching ok trying to teach lol myself how to embroidery ,lots of You Tube & lots of practice lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun week! My son got Wordle on the first word three times this week--he was on their wave length for sure! lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm looking forward to see what your learn in Brenda Gael Smith's workshop. It should be fun! And you have another hidden talent - beautician! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My goodness, but you ARE the Wordle whiz! Well done! And you've blown me away... you're a hair stylist too?! I'm impressed. It's good to know you're learning from Brenda Gael Smith. I'm on the program committee for Central Florida MQG and we just gave our members a survey about which of 21 virtual workshops interest them. Brenda's came in near the top. So I think many of us will be learning from her. Hope you enjoy your October workshop!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have such busy weeks! I'm intrigued by circular projects too. I've made a couple, and am in the planning stages for a circular tree skirt for one of my daughters.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You get so much done in a week. Your postcard turned out really cute. Enjoy all your creative endeavors this week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Theres a load of goodness is this post - but wait!! What!!! you do hair too!!! Amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.