Saturday, August 19, 2023

ScrapHappy Saturday - RSC23 - Week 33

Warning:  Photo Heavy Post!!!

Welcome to Week 33 of the Rainbow Scrap Challenge!!
  This week was a mixed bag of art, quilting, work, and friends.  I hope you enjoy the stroll through my days.

I'm starting us off with last Saturday's...

ART-venture Day with Britt.  We had a ton of fun interpreting a journal page by @supermamadesvosges and experimenting with layering a variety of art supplies:


SUNDAY - Thanks to my friend Candy, one gorgeous YELLOW fabric scrap (with a number of other colors) wove its way into my heart and my art journal today:


I also enjoyed my weekly Zoom call with Knittingsuek:


MONDAY - Work

(Fabric and) Floral Paper Weaving inspired by @leacayoungart's work was a fun challenge:


TUESDAY - Work

But first... The construction workers dug us a swimming pool.  Or the new roadbed.  Whatever!  It's a mess:


WEDNESDAY - Today was my day off work and I had big plans!  However, this new "lawn ornament" made it challenging to leave for my breakfast date with my friend Hilary:


Eventually, the driver noticed me and I was on my way.

Breakfast was delicious!  As we chatted, I mentioned that I haven't had a proper manicure since February of 2020, so we decided to visit our local nail salon:


It was a day...

With a completely new landscape at home, as that big machine dug into what had been our level approach to the garage:


Lucky thing I wasn't planning on heading right back out once I got home...


I was busy working on this Botanical Bubbles page inspired by @camilagarciaart:


Later...

I Zoomed with LeeAnna @ Not Afraid of Color.  Amazingly enough, that happened at our regularly scheduled time and it felt so, SEW good:


THURSDAY - I squeezed in a visit with my Weekly Quilt Bee friends before work this morning.  It was SEW good to see these quilt friends:


After work I joined the Wing It hangout and made this little zine made of vellum...


Featuring "smooshed" paint butterflies:


FRIDAY - Knit Group was made possible by another delayed work schedule:


After dinner, I enjoyed working on this little garden snapshot during the TGI(A)W hangout on Get Messy:


Yesterday's zine found a home in this page of my Flowers Magic journal:



SATURDAY - It's LINK PARTY day for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge!  I hope you will join me in visiting Angela @ So Scrappy to see what the RSC Quilters have been up to this week.  I'll check in after my art retreat.

Where's the quilting, Joyful???

Oh, right!  I used a handful of YELLOW scraps to make this small Quilted Scrap Basket:


It took me ALL DAY to finally finish my post.  Sorry for being such a slow poke, today.

Until next time...
Get SCRAPPY!!

6 comments:

  1. OMG - your road - ugh! I am intrigued by your Fabric and Floral Paper Weaving. So pretty! Hope you don't get blocked in your driveway. ~Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope all that road work pays off for the annoyance it's been so far. Fun projects this week, it's hard to pick a favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that pretty scrap with the yellow, blue, and pink flowers! Is that your driveway where they've got the road all dug up out in front? Yikes! Hope that gets taken care of soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is it the road they are digging up or have they cut into your driveway? I had a mess in front of my house for 6 months this past winter. First a water main break and then the utility company installing new gas lines in November. Left my front yard all torn up and the end of my (paved) driveway a big mud puddle until May when they finally reseeded the lawn and the village repaved the patch of road that had been dug up for the water main. The driveway still has puddles of mud when it rains. But clearly you have a bigger mess.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  5. The neighborhood construction is really carrying on for a long time! Sorry! The rest of the week sounds great, though!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the Botanical Bubbles. Purple and green together is my favorite color combination.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.