Sunday, April 24, 2022

Sew Some Love Sunday - Positivity QAL Block Drive - The 1st Completed Quilt


Welcome to another edition on Sew Some Love Sunday!!  It's a very good day here at The Joyful Quilter.  Look what Needleb brought over yesterday:


She cut the binding before working on the other project she brought:


Once she moved over to the sewing machine, I decided to trim up the quilt and prepare the binding:


This morning I worked on sewing down the binding during my weekly Zoom call with Knittingsuek:


DS2 helped with photos this afternoon, but they didn't turn out:


So we headed out just before dinner to try again:


Thrilled to have this one complete:


Blocks were donated by members of the Quilters Knitting group on Ravelry, my local Bee members, and generous blog readers like YOU.  Special thanks to Needleb for the beautiful longarm quilting on this one and to Maggie for arranging and assembling the blocks!!  I prepared, attached, and stitched down the binding

Thank you, again, to all who contributed.  What a fabulous team effort in response to Preeti's 2021 Positivity QAL @ Sew Preeti Quilts.  This quilt will be headed to Mercyful Quilts in the next day or so.


FYI...

Positivity 2022 is coming soon.  Details to follow.  If anyone is interested in another Block Drive, please indicate that in the comments below.  In the meantime,  my Quilting Angels and I will be finishing up the other quilt tops from last year's QAL/Block Drive and I will share those here as they are completed.  I was assured that the need is ongoing so the delay that was caused by my moving house would not be a problem.  All blocks received were documented here on the blog and the completed quilt tops are safely tucked away to be loaded on the longarm and finished between our various other projects.

Sharing with Alycia
for

Until next time...
Be SEW positive!!!

10 comments:

  1. That turned out beautifully, Joy! I love the dark background blocks stair-stepping up through the center. If you do another block drive, I'd be happy to contribute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful quilt from many hands. Thanks for the link to Mercy Quilts. Even though my focus is here in Alamance County, I love reading about what other enormous undertakings quilters are doing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Turned out amazing! Really a fabulous team effort.

    -Soma

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always enjoy a block drive. Count me in! The layout of the purple quilt is definitely striking. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I too like the stair step effect those darker backgrounds created. What a wonderful finish!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sew pretty in purples! What a great quilt. Do we know if it will be the same block this year?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like the diagonal setting of the colors in the last quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Quilting can be a team event. Let me know when you want some blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. it is beautiful!! and it will be much appreciated!~

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations to all of you on a beautiful finish! I love the purple, and the way the blocks are set.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.