Wednesday, February 6, 2019

Wonderful Wednesday - February Sew/Craft Friends-zy

Welcome to another edition of Wonderful Wednesday!!  This is where I share fun things going on in my world.  I got a slow start on Saturday.  By the time I arrived, everyone else was all set up and sorting through their projects.

In the photo below, Britt looks on as Tiffany and Denise compared their blocks for Shakespeare in the Park:



The scrapbookers were starting to arrive and set up their stations:


The painter had 2 chairs waiting for more paint...


... After adding finishing touches to this amazing Van Gogh cross:


The UMW were on hand with tubs of cookie dough:


The kitchen was abuzz:


Their Cookie Ministry was in full swing:


Once I got my stuff inside, Denise shared Pecking Order, the top:


There's the happy quilt maker:


Britt is a happy quilter, too!  She's cutting out a NEW quilt:


Tiffany is happy about her new quilting T-shirt:


Winner, winner!!  What are the chances that I pulled the name of someone I actually know (in real life) for the Blog Hop Mug Rug:


Here we are.  The recipient and the maker:


A while later, I got to see the new mini iron cover that Denise made.  I'm trying to twist her arm into making one for me:



An elastic-filled casing holds the cover in place:


Denise also brought a new book to share:


Here, you can see that there's a VERY slim chance that Tiffany will run out of projects over the course of the day:


Denise started off with one of her Midnight Quilt Show blocks:


Tiffany began with her large Star blocks for Shakespeare:


Britt made quilt work of cutting out her own Pecking Order:


Believe it or not, this scrapbooker was in Moms Club with me back when my boys were little:


(Some of) My YELLOW scraps made the trip to Raleigh with me:


Britt is ready to sew:


Denise's block is "webbed":


Tiffany got a NEW iron... And it's YELLOW:


Denise's book looks right at home with my T-quilt off-cuts:


Only the Snail's Trail blocks remain:


I'm making progress on my niece's T-quilt:


One finishing detail remained before Britt could start in on her new quilt.  Attach the corners:


Ta da!!  Britt's B9P2 is a completed quilt top:


THIS is the picture of one HAPPY quilter:


Tiffany decided to get a look at how things were coming together:


Britt is "Pecking" away...


... While Denise sews the final seam on her quilt block:


Look how FAST this quilt comes together:


With the completion of this block, Denise is at the halfway mark:


Shakespeare... is looking GOOD:


Three columns are ready to assemble:


Will THIS be Denise's next project:


It's nearly lunchtime and I'm FINALLY ready to sew:


Border number one:


Two... Three?  We'll see:


Hooray for progress:


Denise jumps for joy!  Pecking Order is a completed quilt top:


Will her Shakespeare be next?  Sample blocks look great:


Denise sets Tiffany's first Snail's Trail block in place:


Make that first ROW of Snail's Trail blocks:


The 3 right hand columns have been assembled and only 2 squares stand between me and a quilt top full of completed columns:


This is NOT Denise's favorite part of the quilting process:


3 blocks and Tiffany will be ready to begin assembling her top:


We've been overrun with scrapbookers:


Tiffany's next step?  Sewing the rows:


Denise is ready for that same step on her Fence Rail quilt:


Please note, I've always known it as the Rail Fence design:


YELLOW for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge.  I'm pressing fabrics for my own Pecking Order quilt:


Denise's Fence Rail rows are coming together...


... As are the rows of Tiffany's Shakespeare in the Park:


That LAST seam is sewn:


Tiffany is DONE with the top of her Shakespeare in the Park:


Now, she has borrowed Denise's Pin Cushion book and some of my fabric scraps to make these adorable Hourglass units:


Denise has finished sewing her rows:


Tiffany squared up her small Hourglass blocks and is ready to begin sewing them into rows:


She is a "seam spinner" and now works to manipulate the rows:


ANOTHER quilt top completed today:


Denise is out of time.  The top of her Fence Rail will wait:


This is where I stopped to pack up and head home:


Thank you to Beemate (Gayle) for the lovely Fossil Fern scraps!

P.S. - Just so YOU can be as disgusted as I am... kidding...

Tiffany completed the QUILTING on her Shakespeare in the Park quilt earlier today!!!  Here's a look:



Of course, that's ON TOP OF the Scrappy Carpenter's Star quilt that she quilted on MONDAY:


When I grow up, I want to be as productive as she is!  She's really making her new Juki Sit-Down Long-Arm work for her.

Until next time...
Quilt til you wilt!!!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Very fun projects in the works. Tiffany must really excel at time management to get so much done!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.