Friday, February 22, 2019

Design Floor Friday - Sewing the Night Away

Welcome to another edition of Design Floor Friday!!  I'm here to report about February's Friday Night Sew-In.  I'll tell you this much right now, don't expect to see my niece's T-shirt Quilt.  It smelled like rain and I didn't feel like schlepping my machine!

Here are this month's participants, along with their projects...

Karen showed off the embroidery floss that she has organized:



Betsy was binding a quilt:


Sarah worked on her sweater:


Karen made some Tea Bag Cozies...


Along with some reusable Roll-up Grocery Bags:


Linda worked on her Scrappy Trips Quilt:


She recently completed this lovely quilt top:


Ella worked on this pattern from an Augusta Cole workshop:


She also brought this beauty to bind, if she got bored:


Karoline marked for more hand quilting:


Marian laid out  the borders of her Pumpkin Wall Hanging:


Ann stitched stars:


For those who visit my blog regularly, you might be able to guess whose spot this is.  If you guessed mine, you'd be right.  The M&M's could be a BIG clue!  I brought several projects to keep me occupied, in addition to my photography to capture the event:


Congratulations to Betsy on her now-completed quilt:


I made progress on my Altered Rainbow commission basket...


And... Cut and pressed turquoise HSTs for a Mug Rug Swap:


Apparently, Karen was tired of sewing and decided to trim her hair:


Ella was busy sewing sashing...


... While Linda sewed strips for additional blocks:


Marian attached another border:


Karoline made progress on another block:


The squaring up 40 HSTs is next for me:


Marian was thrilled to complete her Autumn Wall Hanging!  Well, it's as done as it can be without letters in the open space:


Overall, it was a productive night.  Thank you, Ann, for hosting.

Until next time...
Enjoy sweet sewing time!!!

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun night with lots of progress.Those yellow nails are great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like lots of fun, with a lot of progress thrown in as well. Have a great rest of your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like such a nice group to sew with. I hope you know how lucky you are. I miss my Wednesday Sewing Club's ladies. Sigh! One day, I will retire and I too will sew to my heart's content. Lovely projects, all of them. Enjoy it! ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many wonderful projects got worked on! Looks like you have a great bunch of friends around you. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.