Saturday, May 13, 2017

ScrapHappy Saturday - RSC17 - Week 19

Welcome to Week 19 of the Rainbow Scrap Challenge!!  Lots going on at the Basket house this week.  More so than usual (if you can believe it!)  Let's have a look...

SUNDAY - Worked on my Police Quilt.  Sort of.  I made the binding...



Here's the pressed and rolled (faux-piped) binding:



... I'm calling that progress!


HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!  HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!

I've got a dinner date with my favorite husband.  :o))

MONDAY - APQS Owner's Meeting at Thread Waggle Quilting in Raleigh today.  Look!!  One of the attendees brought along a Reproduction Rainbow quilt:



There's GREEN in there!!  :o))

After the meeting, I picked up DS1 on campus to retrieve (a portion of) his belongings and take him to dinner.  He still has one remaining exam tomorrow morning.  Guess what THAT means?!

TUESDAY - Quilting first thing over at Needleb''s house.  Then... Yep!!  A(nother) trip to Raleigh. Back to quilting, followed by Girls Night Out.  All in all, it was a wonderful day and I got an important step done on my Hedgehog Quilt:


(Staged photo taken (days) after completing this task.)

The sashing is cut!!  Looking forward to beginning the assembly.

WEDNESDAY - Play Day with my friend, J.  Good news!!  My Police Quilt is done:


(I may still add more quilting, but I couldn't decide where or what.)

She had an appointment to get to not long after lunch, so I went home to catch up on some household tasks and some computer work.  After months of having an empty nest, it felt odd to have both of  the guys wandering around the house this afternoon.

THURSDAY - The usual... followed by... a bit of grocery shopping.  What else?!  Felt a bit sorry for myself when I got home, as no one rushed out to help unload the car.  :o((

Happiness is a fresh manicure:



OK, so I actually redid my nails LAST week, but I forgot to show you (and YES, I realize it's not GREEN!!)  Take a closer look and you will see the tiny GREEN leaves incorporated into the designs on my ring fingers.  Thank you to Needleb, for taking that photo AND bringing me back the yarn ball GREEN fabric from last week's Shop Hop!!  I'm sorry that I couldn't go along for the ride.

FRIDAY - My short day was followed by... MORE grocery shopping (since important purchases were left off the list.)

I have my Scrap Jar Star components all stacked up and ready to be assembled...



... Another day (because I'm off to dinner with 2 of my 3 favorite men on Earth.)  DS2 is spending the evening with a friend.

SATURDAY - How can it already be LINK PARTY day again?!?!  I'm off to my monthly Quilt Bee meeting.  I'll catch up with you over on Angela's blog later on.

Until next time...
Get Scrappy!!!

14 comments:

  1. Busy, busy! As always. I am intrigued by the "faux-piped" binding. I'll have to examine that binding closely once it is attached. Love the Scrap Jar Star. I'm glad you didn't do green nails. Wouldn't that give the impression of diseases? Pink is cuter! ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's going to be a pretty green star! Have fun with your guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nothing as lovely as ducklings returning to the nest! Enjoy them! Your scraps will be there (and probably multiplied, LOL) when you get to them! Those scrap jar stars are yummy?..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Busy, busy! It will be a change for all of you having the boys underfoot again! Hope they start helping with the lugging in of groceries....as I know they will certainly be making them disappear quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never tried the faux piped binding or had a manicure. One of these days I'll have to try both!

    ReplyDelete
  6. always on the move aren't you!! Love the nails!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that old rainbow quilt. Glad you got to spend time with your favorite people on earth! That's what it's all about.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your police mini quilt, very appropriate. That rainbow quilt is gorgeous too. Happy stitching this week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nice Scrap jar Star, and so many other lovely quilted things, you are living a fun and full life. How many years are you celebrating? Our 30th is coming up on the 23rd!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are making me fall for those Scrap Jar Stars and I'm planning to research that faux-piping binding too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Maybe some random stars quilted on the Police Quilt?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great star block with your green scraps!

    ReplyDelete
  13. How nice to have your family together again, at least seeing them on the run. It doesn't get easier as,they get older. It's just more complicated. Enjoy every minute you can. It's been two years since I lost my son. But I'm so glad we made good memories.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your Star Block is so pretty! How big is it? I've made a top with Star Blocks, but I really like the 16 patch center! That manicure is nice - I love them as well! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.