Saturday, May 12, 2018

ScrapHappy Saturday - RSC18 - Week 19

Welcome to Week 19 of the Rainbow Scrap Challenge!!  We are now more than four months into the year.  2018 is flying by!!  Here are the scraps that I have to play with this month (since I didn't even pull them out during Transition Week last week.)  There are a gracious plenty of PINK fabric scraps with which to work:



Although, the vast majority are fairly small scraps, there are some strips in the mix in this partially filled 2-gallon baggie:


SUNDAY - Mt. Washmore awaits...



MONDAY - Make sure you check out Mari's Squared Away Sampler tutorial for this month.




TUESDAY - Lucky neighbors!!  I found this PINK Peony blooming in the garden across the street from our house:



WEDNESDAY - Knit group...  One member had PINK in the sweater project she's working on:



Same sweater, different colors:


... was followed by an afternoon of quilting at Needleb's:



If you look carefully, you will spot bits of PINK in the crazy art tie on the top right, in Marilyn Monroe's lipstick on the lower left, and also in the flamingo near the center in the bottom row.

THURSDAY - Don't miss my Cinco de Blooming 9-Patch post.

FRIDAY - PINK bits from my Scrap Attack project for May:



And... Pressing matters from last weekend:




SATURDAY - I'm joining Angela's LINK PARTY over on her So Scrappy blog, but I won't be able to visit the other RSC Quilters until later in the day.

Why, Joyful???

I'm off to a Donation Quilt Workshop for my local Quilt Guild.  It's always a fun time for a worthy cause.  I missed the last one, so I've really been looking forward to being able to participate this time.

Until next time...
Get Scrappy!!!




10 comments:

  1. My peonies should be blooming when we get back to the Glade later today. I haven't had peonies since I left Kansas in 1978 so I'm excited to see them. We have pink rhodies and azaleas, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all the places you are finding pink! That looks like a neat sweater pattern. Have fun at the Donation Quilt Workshop. ~Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not ready for 2018 to be flying by!! I feel a significant part of me is still adjusting to it not being 2017 anymore!
    Loving your pink scraps, and all the shades of pink you are seeking out. My peony is full of buds this spring so I'm looking forward to seeing it bloom over the next few weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I went to your blooming 9 patch post, and aren't those neat?! Looks like fun to put together. I'm impressed with all the pink trimmings, too - they make a pretty picture!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree--this year of scrappiness is flying!! You have discovered a lot of fun bits of pink throughout the week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have great pinks to play with!

    ReplyDelete
  7. There are all sorts of lovely things going on here. I love your photographs of the flowers. We don't have anything even planted this year let alone blooming.

    Enjoy your pinks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope you had a good time at the quilt workshop. You look like you have lots of pink to work with.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So many pretty things happening here, love the peony, one of my all time favourite flowers. Those sweaters are lovely, I hope you had fun at the quilting workshop, always fun to sew with others.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Peony's are so pretty. Sounds like you had a busy, but productive week. Happy stitching this week.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.