Thursday, March 17, 2016

The Joyful {Quilty} Orphan Adoption

Updated 2/21/16 - The Joyful {Quilty} Orphan Adoption is now CLOSED!!!

I've tried to link-up with the Oh Scrap! Link Party over at Quilting Is More Fun Than Housework, but never had any luck.  I'm not quite sure what I was doing wrong, but when I saw that Cynthia was hosting the Spring 2016 Quilty Orphan Adoption Event, I thought that I should try again.  Hopefully, if you click on the icon below, it will take you directly to the auction offerings page:

Quilting is more fun than Housework
(If the button doesn't work, CLICK the event title in the paragraph above.)

ADOPTION DETAILS:

1. My quilty orphan adoption will run from 12:01 AM (EDT) Friday, March 18, 2016 through 11:59 PM (EDT) on Sunday, March 20, 2016.

2. Winners will be selected from interested parties via the "name in a hat" method for those items with multiple "bidders".  Drawing will take place on Monday, March 21st.  Winners will be emailed that day and a blog announcement will be made on Wednesday, March 23rd.

3. Please leave a comment CLEARLY STATING WHICH ORPHAN YOU ARE INTERESTED IN RE-HOUSING!!!  (Charity quilting is preferred, but not necessarily required - see individual listings for details.)

4. Winners will be responsible for paying shipping from Hillsborough, North Carolina to your location.

ORPHAN LISTINGS:

1. THIMBLEBERRIES - This listing is for a stack of THIMBLEBERRIES fabrics.  The stack includes everything from scraps, to FQs, to 6" wide border strips.  (Donation intent NOT required, but appreciated.)



2. GREEN/PINK - This listing includes one and one-quarter yard of GREEN fabric with PINK "flowers".  FOUR 9-Patch Blocks, a scrap of "double-pink" fabric and a scrap of double-pink/brown fabric, and FIFTEEN 4-Patch Blocks.  (These orphan bits MUST be incorporated into a DONATION project!!)


Here's a close-up for a better idea of what the yardage looks like:



3. ANIMAL TALK - This listing is for one yard of ANIMAL TALK PATCHWORK by Spring Industries.  It's perfect for your next baby quilt!  (Donation intent NOT required.)

(Please note that the colors in this print are springier than they appear in the photo above.)

More like the photo below:



4. GELLI PRINT - Are you feeling artsy?  This listing is for one hand dyed, hand stenciled, hand painted gelli print.  100% cotton fabric, acrylic paint with fabric medium added.  (For art quilt exploration ONLY!!)


(Please note that the background fabric is a little bit browner than it appears in the photo above.)

5. BIRD IN HAND - This listing is for one piece of BIRD IN HAND by Country Threads for Benartex.  It measures approximately two and one-half yards.  (Donation intent not required.)



NOTICE:

This is a Give-Away!!  Items are offered FREE of charge.  Winners ONLY need to reimburse for shipping from 27278 (USA.)

Until next time...
Get Quilty!!!

7 comments:

  1. I would be interested in the Thimbleberries fabrics. I would like to use it for a spools quilt I am making out of Thimbleberries fabric. I also make Heartstrings blocks for donation, so I could use the leftovers in blocks for that. Thank you for the chance to use theses fabrics!
    Valerie
    valekort at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  2. So generous! Green Pink and Animal talk would be a wonderful addition to my stash of fabric for donation quilts! I make quilts for the DC General Homeless Shelter (https://dcgeneralquilters.wordpress.com). I donated 3 quilt last December, and now I have 4 tops ready to be quilted! New fabric and blocks are always appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for participating. It looks like some of those items are already finding possible homes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love to have the #5, Bird in Hand fabric. I can easily use that in one of the donation quilts I'm planning, though I understand that's not required. I also understand I will be responsible for reimbursing you for shipping, presumably through paypal? dezertsuz at gmail, desertskyquilts.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would love the green and pink blocks and fabric to be made into a quilt for a family staying in our local mission home. I made two for them last year. I will gladly reimburse you for the postage. I can be emailed at cswilliams1974@hotmail.com. Thanks for the donations.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The green and pink 9 patches, to make kennel quilts, and I'll donate to a local pet sanctuary or animal rescue group. I'm a neighbor in VA, will reimburse for postage of course:)

    bluestarof2(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  7. would use the thimbleberries fabric to finish one one to make bigger. Thank you
    Sewspeciallady@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.