Friday, March 18, 2016

Design Floor Friday - S's T-Quilt

Welcome to another edition of Design Floor Friday!!  Today, we see S's T-Quilt beginning to take shape.  It's been on the floor since Tuesday of this week, but it was playing shy and didn't really have a lot to say to me.  I began with Big Brother's T-Quilt underneath just to get a general idea of the amount of fill-in work I would have to do (in order to somewhat replicate the size.):



While it remained quiet, the quilt's color balance was in a good place at the end of the day:



Wednesday came and I (finally) got a (small) start on S's T-Quilt, combining ELEVEN of the shirts into three quilt blocks...

One:



 Two:


Three:




Friday arrived and here is what I added...



Filler and fluff...   :o))

If you are wondering what that means (to me), I'll explain:

Working on one square at a time, I began to make decisions about further distributing the color around the quilt and adding bits and pieces to expand the blocks into a cohesive quilt top.  It's a SLOW process, but well worth at the end of the project.

Until next time...
Get YOUR quilt on!!!

2 comments:

  1. I admire anyone who attempts a T-shirt quilt. Lots of fixin' and fussin'. I've seen some really ugly ones, too, but yours are looking great!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.