Sunday, September 18, 2011

The Girl's Got Class

Quilting 106 by basketcasejoy
Quilting 106, a photo by basketcasejoy on Flickr.

Quilt class, that is!

Today, I attended a pet portrait class offered by m local quilt guild. Talk about setting outside one's comfort zone...

That's EXACTLY what I did!!!

It sounded SO interesting that I borrowed a photo of a neighbor's beloved pet. He is the sweetest dog that I've ever met and there's the most adorable pet photo I've seen, hanging on the wall of my neighbor's home. I just HAD to give this class a try.

You can see the photograph at the top of my picture. Beneath that, you can see the progress that I've made so far. If you look on the right side of the photo, you'll get a better idea of the process. It's sort of like paint-by-numbers for quilters!

The teacher, Aniko Feher of Detroit, Michigan, was very encouraging and quite helpful in making her students' photos come to life in fabric.

I'll post further progress, as it occurs.

Until then...
Happy Quilting!

3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you posted your progress and look forward to seeing more of him. I love the photo, and realized when I got home that I hadn't looked to see your progress at the end of the workshop. I was working on Dash to your left yesterday. I posted him on my blog: http://quiltingcorgis.blogspot.com/

    Cheers, Kirsten

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look amazing when done... but man I do not have the patience!!! Can't wait to see your doggie when it's all finished though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you to Kirsten and Rebel! I've made some progress, but the quilt still needs some work. I'll post more as I go along.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.