Saturday, May 14, 2011

The King Sized Wall Hanging - Completed!!!

After a day of quilting, I am happy to report that I have just completed another project for the Spring 2011 (Ravelry) UFO Club. I sewed down the sleeve, finished the binding and added more quilting to my 30" x 30" square quiltThe King Sized Wall Hanging. Although, I'm sure the judges would say, "Could benefit from additional quilting."

What do I say???

TOO bad!!! It's finished and I'm happy with it (for now.) I can always add more quilting later. It's not likely, but I **could** if I decided that I would be happier with additional quilting.

This quilt began it's life more than five years ago as the leftovers from the leftovers of a King Sized quilt that I made for a friend. I have now completed FIVE quilts (of various sizes) from the fabrics purchased for that ONE quilt. And there are STILL more scraps remaining!

Hmm... I wonder what I'll make next???

Ready? Set. Sew!

4 comments:

  1. Very nice! And plenty of quilting for a wall hanging! It would be interesting to see all five of the quilts together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I said it on Rav, Joy, but I'll say it here too -- nice job! I love the fabrics, but of course I would. Haven't met too many fabrics I don't like.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely work of art!
    I really admire anyone who can sew with such precision!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you to Margaret, Liddy and Jemajo for all of your kind words regarding my quilt. I'm now contemplating what the NEXT quilt from these fabrics will be...

    But FIRST, another UFO!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.