Thursday, September 2, 2010

Flying to the Candy Dish

Remember the Dye Frenzy earlier this summer? Well, the organizer of the workshop issued a challenge to the participants. She wanted us to USE some of the fabrics that we had hand dyed!

This little quilt is the result of that challenge.

Each of the triangles represents one of my hand dyeing efforts. The black "background" really sets off the colors! My "border" fabric was a small piece that I found in the "kid print" drawer of my fabric stash. The candy shaped motifs, and the comments of a Ravelry friend, worked well to help me arrive at the name for my quilt.

I'm not sure where this quilt will end up, but while it remains in my home, smiles abound. It reminds me of "the cousins" at Grandma's house heading straight for the candy dish when they walk through the door.

Hmm...what quilt shall I work on next?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.