Saturday, August 20, 2022

ScrapHappy Saturday - RSC22 - Week 33


Welcome to Week 33 of the Rainbow Scrap Challenge!!  This week was a mixed bag.  Was ORANGE sewing involved?  Stayed tuned, as the days unfold.

SUNDAY - Today's ARTventure with @britt_quilts was AMAZING...

Here we are, trading a sample of the day's fun.

... But I'm getting ahead of myself because the day began, as most Sundays do, with my weekly Zoom call with Knittingsuek:



What about the ARTventure, Joyful???

Gelli printing was what Britt and I were doing all afternoon.  I'm looking forward to seeing how I might incorporate some of these into my art journals:


MONDAY - Monday meant work.  At least, it was supposed to!  Here's what I did instead...


I took a load of stuff to "The Will of Good" and later attended this month's Quilt Guilt meeting:


Our guest speaker was Applique Designer @sandyfitzpatrick of Hissyfitz Designs and the photo below shows the BEST binding trick EVER:


TUESDAY - It was an art-y day where I used the first bit of the gelli prints from Sunday...


... And taped off a section of my layered abstract painting for the FREE class I'm taking with Judy Woods Art.  It looks a bit like a hot mess at the moment, but it's been interesting to explore her artistic process:


WEDNESDAY - Today was an errand and appointment day.  It started off with "Coffee and Collage" at Filament with Tracy and Hilary:


I used one of my layered gelli prints for this page in my Flowers Magic Challenge journal.  The event is over, but I continue to fill in the gaps with more floral fun:


LOOK!!!  I actually did a bit of ORANGE knitting... On the "spare" sock that Tracy brought just in case I wanted something to knit:


Later, I cleared this bulletin board...


... And headed off to a local thrift store, where I came thisclose to bringing home a sweet little ORANGE mug, but decided that I really didn't NEED it:


I got home just in time to Zoom with LeeAnna @ Not Afraid of Color:


Afterwards, I threw in a load of laundry and then the mad scientist in me experimented with acrylic inks for the first time:


THURSDAY - Work.  On a day that I had hoped for it to be canceled....

I won at Wordle:


There was NO WAY in the world that I could have won this game of Quordle:


After work, I added the "florals" to my series of abstract paintings:


FRIDAY
- Knit Group all but canceled today.  I met Tracy there for another episode of "Coffee and Collage", once again working in my #flowersmagicchallenge journal:


Later, I did a bit of ORANGE scrap quilting...



... Because the August 2022 TABLE SCRAPS Challenge will be here NEXT FRIDAY!!!

SATURDAY - It's LINK PARTY day for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge!  I hope you will join me in visiting Angela @ So Scrappy to see what the RSC Quilters have been up to this week.  I'm pleased to have something quilty to share.

Until next time...
Get SCRAPPY!!

9 comments:

  1. The gelli printing looks like fun! Is that a certain kind of paint you used or does it refer to what you printed with? I need to finish up my table scraps piece, too - the end of the month is coming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such fun ways to create happening in your life! Glad you got a little orange sewing in. I really need to figure out my project for next weeks link up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. imagine my table scraps is already done... it's a miracle!
    another art filled week... glad to be part of it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh NO! Not next Friday? I haven't started yet. Guess I have my work cut out for me. Lol. At every thrift store there's always that one cup, just one, that knows my name. But I don't buy because there's no more room in the pantry. ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Busy Busy Joyful! Wow, how do you do it? Work and play and still get so much done! Need a lesson! Can't wait to see your challenge piece.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Gelli printing looks interesting - I need to check that out. That orange scrap quilting speaks to my heart. ~Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love seeing the ways you've worked orange into your blog post, including the coffee mug and the orange shirt you wear! It's always interesting to see your Wordle posts because, once again, I've never had the word "twang" appear in mine. I'm running at 97 percent now (very disappointed in myself), and have had two restart twice, once due to a technology blip, and once because I just couldn't get the word right... you know, one of those like: waste or paste, or caste, or baste. Hope your week, next week, results in more "people" availability. We're seeing the same thing around here, in our group get-togethers. People are on the move, mostly away from home.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The gelli-prints are so wonderful! Great job with using them in your lovely journal pages. Loving those abstract paintings!

    -Soma

    ReplyDelete
  9. I see a little bit of orange!! i like it!!! gald you had a great week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.