Monday, March 20, 2017

Mail Call Monday - Woven Treasure

Welcome to another edition on Mail Call Monday!!  One of my Ravelry friends asked if we could do a swap this year.  She wanted one of my quilted pin cushions and in return, she would weave a kitchen towel for me.

Well...

Of course, I said YES!!  You can read about my part HERE and delivery day came last week:



Enclosed was a little note:



THIS is the lovely handwoven towel that I received:



I still say that I got the better end of this bargain, but she is happy with her pin cushion.  My towel is NOT going in the kitchen, though!!  I don't want to risk it getting food stains on it.

Instead, it has taken up residence in the powder room:



There, I am able to enjoy it a number of times per day (without the risk of food stains.)  Thank you, Belindybe!!  I treasure your work.

Until next time...
Swapping with friends is FUN!!!

3 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous! I don't blame you for wanting to keep it clean.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. That is a nice towel. I have one that I used as a runner on an end table- I don't want food stains on it either. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a beautiful towel, I would be keeping it away from the kitchen too!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.