Saturday, March 19, 2016

Scraphappy Saturday - RSC16 - Week 12

Welcome to Week 12 of the Rainbow Scrap Challenge!!  This week got off to a GREAT start.  You never know how these things will turn out, but I'm feeling good, so far.  Wanna know why??

Well...

First, I'm still feeling the afterglow of yesterday's Quilt Bee meeting:

What a wonderful morning!! One of our members recovering from surgery is now more mobile and was offered a ride to the meeting.  (Thanks, Linda!!  We were SEW happy to be able to visit with Margaret, again.  We've missed them SEW much!!!)  We are still missing Carol, but she should be back with us next month.

On Sunday, I planned to work on one of my UFOs, as Britt and Helena are coming over.  I finished my CCLQ Donation Quilt block:

AND 

Worked on first one...


Then the other...


... Of the blocks for my (smaller) Allietare.  I tried THREE different layouts (to determine how many MORE blocks I need to make.

Two more blocks:


Take out a couple:


 Take out a couple more:


I haven't decided which way to go, but I am SEW happy to have these blocks DONE!!!

On MONDAY, I was reminded that the blocks are SUPPOSED to be set on-point.  No time to try them that way, though!  It was Knit Group day for this week, followed by... lunch with a friend, a nail appointment, and grocery shopping.  There hasn't been a dull moment since I got home.  Maybe tomorrow...  I will show you the Donation Block that I made yesterday:


Mine is the House Block on the LEFT in the photo ABOVE.

TUESDAY was a stay-at-home day.  I did laundry, dishes, and cleaned the bathrooms.  I also stared at S's T-quilt (in an attempt to make some design decisions.)

On WEDNESDAY morning, I started piecing portions of S's T-quilt.  HERE is my first pieced block. Look closely!!  It's made of FIVE articles of clothing:



Went out for lunch with my friend, Needleb, then did some errands (did the banking and mailed off scraps to Katie Z. and Lori from the RSC Quilters) then drove over to meet knitting friends for Girls Night Out. What a FUN evening we had!!!  We even met a new friend.  :o))

THURSDAY was an early day.  Took the girls to school and carpooled to Quilt Group.  THIS was my Show and Tell for today:



I had hoped to get a bit more done on S's T-quilt... That didn't happen.  :o((

HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY!!!

FRIDAY was supposed to be a work at home day.  How much did you accomplish, Joyful???  Check it out over on my Design Floor Friday post.  I also made ONE Rainbow Crumb Block from the scraps that I got from Jean a couple of weeks ago.  This one incorporates some of her beautiful hand dyed fabrics.  (Thanks for sharing, Jean!!):

Even though I didn't get a very good photo, this block was made in March's RSC Color of the Month (along with the Accent Color of the Month.)  Promise.  :o))

Well...  That brings us to...  ScrapHappy Saturday!!!

Oh, WAIT!!  You should check out my Quilty Orphan Adoption post from Friday, too!!  You could WIN a new-to-you project.

On SATURDAY, I had to leave early to take DS2 to a College Visit.  (He got his acceptance letter on Wednesday!!) This was a full-day event at UNCG.  However...

It's actually also...
National Quilting Day!!! Or is that Worldwide Quilting Day?!

Since I was up bright and early...  I joined Angela's LINK PARTY over on the So Scrappy Blog before leaving for Greensboro.  I'm looking forward to visiting the blogs of other RSC Quilters to see what they've been working on this week, but that will have to wait until I get home this evening.

Until next time...
Get Scrappy!!!






13 comments:

  1. Wow! sounds like a very busy week. So glad you got lots of friend time and those nails done =) I need to do that sometime soon....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had a great Quilting Week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How nice that you got together with good friends. It must have been a great boost for all of you. Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Quilting filled week. What fun! Lots of great work accomplished.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the stitching that's been accomplished -- good luck with everything else on your list!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful block with hand dyed fabrics. And your star blocks are great.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy National Quilting day. Hopefully the college visit will still allow you to get home with a bit of time to sew a stitch or two.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the squishy package! Since we were on the road, I'm afraid I didn't sew much this week. It's good to see you did.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Quilting Day! Fun to hear wbout your busy week. Your Allietare blocks are looking great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A lot of stitching achieved at your place! I love your Rainbow crumb block, what wonderful modern quilt this block would make enlarged!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Busy busy busy! Look at you go!
    Love those crumb-y geese!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your Allietare blocks are wonderful. And its nice to see subdued purples.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I agree with Sally on your Alletare blocks-wow! Despite a bit of a hectic week, you got a lot done in the quilting. Cute rainbow crumb block!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.