Saturday, March 25, 2017

ScrapHappy Saturday - RSC17 - Week 12

Welcome to Week 12 of the Rainbow Scrap Challenge!!!  This week will be a bust for sewing at home.  I'm leaving town on Wednesday and won't return until Sunday.  It's OK, though...

Read on to find out why!!

SUNDAY - Prepared Police Quilt for quilting...

... and looked back at yesterday's Quilt Bee meeting in RED:



And GREEN:




I was completely ready for St. Patrick's Day!!  (A day late according to my friend, Linda.)  I made the jacket and I wear it ALL MONTH LONG!!!  So, there!!  :P

Then (late last night) I realized that I missed Cynthia's Quilty Orphan Adoption event.  Although, some of the adoptions are still open, so you may want to go check it out!

MONDAY - Meeting a new friend at Knit Group today.  Good news!!  I'm actually knitting again:




TUESDAY - My stay-at-home day was filled with...

A whole lot of PACKING!!!  Clothing and sewing supplies.

But, WHY, Joyful???

WEDNESDAYI'm going on a Quilting Adventure!!!

THURSDAY - Late yesterday afternoon, I arrived at A Mountain Quilt Fest in Pigeon Forge, Tennessee.  Today was my day to wander the show and explore the area.

FRIDAY - I was up before the sun so that I would have plenty of time to get ready for my class.  I signed up for Fast and Fabulous Bargello Wall Hanging with Patti Carey.  It's a technique that I've never tried (beyond a basic diagonal line through the center of a miniature quilt many, many years ago.)

You can take the "class" any day of the week!  HERE is the YouTube link to the tutorial.  Give it a try, if you haven't before!!

SATURDAY - That was FUN!!  Now, I'm on to the next BIG thing... meeting up with Knittingsuek and Needleb in Hendersonville, North Carolina.

Midday arrival at Beginnings Quilt Shop in Hendersonville, North Carolina.  Britt and Sue were there enjoying a class.  Once their class ends, we will have dinner together and quilt into the evening... or sit and chat (while showing off our class samples.)  Photos will be posted sometime next week.

REMINDER:  Even though I'm not at home, it's still LINK PARTY day for the RSC with Angela over on So Scrappy Quilt blog.  Go see what everyone has been working on.  As far as I know, most of it will be:



In shades of RED.  At least for the next week!!

Until next time...
Get Scrappy!!!

8 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are having a wonderful time!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had such a fun experience with quilters.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So fun! Glad you are taking some you time and enjoying your fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All of these sounds like you had a great week!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great week, filled with a lot of fun. Hope you enjoyed the workshop.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Funny I was in North Carolina about the same time as you! Patti Carey does terrific stuff. Great red nails against your knitting which is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.