Saturday, June 24, 2017

ScrapHappy Saturday - RSC17 - Week 25

Welcome to Week 25 of the Rainbow Scrap Challenge!!  It was an extremely productive week.  Sew much sewing that it would make your head spin!  LOL

Here, let me explain...

SUNDAY - First thing this morning (after putting on a load of laundry) my RSC15/16 String Quilt was loaded on my longarm. Ready for quilting, but I was ready for a little break.

Sew...

Some HST's of sunshiny YELLOW...



... Along with pairs of YELLOW squares...



... Were sewn until I felt ready to begin the quilting and quilt, I did:



The next break came during our Happy Father's Day celebration, but then I was right back at it.  To the bitter end, when I ran out of bobbin and decided to play "thread chicken" with one of my leftovers from a previous project... And LOST!!  :o((


Check back next week to see how that story ends...

MONDAY - Knit Group followed by a Sew-In with Diane (and Britt and Maureen.)  It was a productive day:



After such a productive day of sewing, I took myself off to Quilt Guild for our Ice Cream Social/Symposium Wrap-Up meeting.  We had a special presentation to a local Animal Rescue program and a local quilt speaker showed quilts made with Deb Tucker's rulers from Studio 180 Designs.  This was one of my favorites:



TUESDAY - Today I constructed the building blocks of my YELLOW Scrap Jar Stars.

Corners...



... And 16-Patch blocks:



Kevin the Quilter posted the fabric requirements for his upcoming Sapphire Stars QAL.  I'm off to check my scrap stash now!!

WEDNESDAY - I worked on my June QAL String blocks this morning:



And...

My Wonderful Wednesday post went live.  Check it out HERE.  I linked up with Kat for Sew Some Love.

Doctor appointment with DS2 in the afternoon interrupted the flow a bit, but when I returned I trimmed up my HSTs for my YELLOW Scrap Jar Stars:


Here are the two layouts...

Light:



Dark:



THURSDAY - After hanging out with my friends today, I attached the pairs of HSTs for the star points:



FRIDAY - More time with my friends, followed by assembly of the dark and light YELLOW Scrap Jar Stars:



SATURDAY - LINK PARTY day for the RSC!!  And this is what I didn't show you last week...

It was my Quilt Bee's annual Dye Frenzy.  These are the pieces that I started with...



... And here is what I ended up with:



Sorry!  The surface texture was EXTREMELY difficult to photograph.  If you click on the photo, the enlargement may help.


This T-shirt is the result of a THIRD dip in the dye pots:



I love the illusion that there's YELLOW in there!!!

It went from the original white to a pale green back when we first started our annual Dye Frenzy.  Then a few years ago, I changed it to pale green mixed with Amazon Green.  This year it went into the China Blue dye pot and I couldn't be more pleased with the result!!

Until next time...
Get Scrappy!!!

12 comments:

  1. What a busy week of sewing and so much got done! Love that Dye Frenzy.... so fun. Can't wait to hear about the quilting on the log arm and seeing the results. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really did get a lot done this week! Can't wait to see your string quilt! And of course I love seeing your yellow Scrap Jar Stars. They look great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So much work done. Kudos! Love the home dyed fabric in the last photo. Just awesome!! ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow--you've been busy! Unexpected results from dyeing are always fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You certainly arae busy. Love the yellow stars with text background.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a lot of sewing! Yay for yellow stars!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey, Joy. I signed up to follow Kevin's blog and will start sorting my colors. It's really time for that. Thanks for the tip.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Scrap Jar Stars are always a good idea. And I need to dye some fabrics. Looks like fun.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so glad you had so much time to sew.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those scrap jar stars are a really good looking block. That's going to be a great quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A lot of sewing/quilting time, lucky you. The YELLOW Scrap Jar Stars are delightful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fun yellow week you had! The dyed fabrics are nice, too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.