Monday, April 23, 2018

ScrapHappy Saturday - RSC18 - Week 16

Welcome to Week 16 of the Rainbow Scrap Challenge!!  It is 4/21/28.  The taxes are done and submitted.  That's the "spoiler" for this week!  For the shape of my days, read on...

I can tell you that I've been on the lookout for YELLOW around town:


SUNDAY - I took a trip to Davidson, North Carolina with several of my quilting friends today.  Beaver Dam House is a lovely venue.  It would have been even nicer, if we had been there for a happier occasion.

I did some quilting after returning home, but gave up with less than half a row and the final edge remaining.  I broke a thread going over a seam and the tension went wonky.  Here's my "practice piece" that I used to balance the tension on my longarm:



MONDAY - Quilt Guild was this evening.  We saw some really wonderful quilts from Ann Holmes, author of No Sewing Until You Quilt It, and learned a bit about her stained glass-style applique:


I think this was my favorite.  And LOOK!!  There's YELLOW, too.

TUESDAY - Tonight was Girl's Night Out.  Small group, but a lot of fun!!  I started the decreases on the sleeves of my Hoodie Shawl Cardigan.  I'll try to remember to get a photo next time!

WEDNESDAY - Knit Group, followed by sewing with Needleb, was a welcome use of my day.  SEW happy to have made additional progress on Dad's Ties for Molly:



THURSDAY - Came home to find DH cleaning the outside of the house (before the homeowners association fined us!!)  While he finished up, I did a little bit of YELLOW sewing for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge:



FRIDAY - DS1 arrived home from college for the weekend.  I told him that I was headed off to my monthly Quilt Bee meeting tomorrow and he teased that it's the kids who are supposed to avoid the parents, not the other way around!!  We've been missing each other on his last few trips home.  :o((

Random YELLOW "in the wild" this week:


This one is for Paula and my other gardening friends:


Always remember to...



SATURDAY - Another week has come to a close.  That brings us to LINK PARTY day over on the So Scrappy blog.  Head over to see who has joined Angela in sewing a bit of YELLOW for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge.

I'm off to Quilt Bee, but will catch up with all of the RSC Quilters later tonight or sometime tomorrow.

Until next time...
Get Scrappy!!!

9 comments:

  1. You found a lot of yellow this week, and even did some yellow sewing! So did I; just a little!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the yellow iris! Yellow definitely cheers things up - wherever you see it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fined you for cleaning your house? Really? Wow. Sounds like you had a good, quilty week with bits of yellow here and there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You managed to find quite a bit of yellow this week. Sounds like you’ve beeen busy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the iris. I miss having a few hundred of them, but how could I care for them now? Old age is no fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You always give us such a happy tour of your week. Thank you!
    Cheers,
    Sylvia@Treadlestitches

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing all the beautiful yellows. I hope you got your quilting machine working again.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A lot of lovely yellows in your world this week. I was going to say 'I posted a pic of a yellow canna lily too' but I see now yours is an iris..... don't know that I've seen a yellow iris.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful flowers. I'm ready for some of those to start blooming here.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.