Saturday, October 3, 2026

ScrapHappy Saturday - RSC26 - Week 40

Welcome to Week 40 of the 2026 Rainbow Scrap Challenge!!  This week will be filled with recovery from all the QUILT SHOW doings of last week.  Will there be enough energy for any quilting?  That remains to be seen.

Keep reading if you would like to find out...

SUNDAY -  My Weekly Morning Art Zoom on Get Messy didn't happen for me.  This morning I volunteered at the Quilt Show and chatted with some of my favorite people...


Later I waited in line for the return of my quilts:


Here are my PURPLE 2026 Show ribbons displayed in their new home on my gallery wire:



MONDAY - Stay at Home Day

This week's Library Crawl was canceled, but a few artsy friends manage some art anyway.  I used some bee fabric, along with a few collage papers for a new page in my journal:


I later met with LeeAnna @ Not Afraid of Color for our Weekly Zoom Call:


TUESDAY - Errand Day
.
During the Early Explorers hangout, I glued down tissue paper for another page in my Collage Scraps Journal.  No photo, though.

Afterwards, I made not one, but TWO trips to the grocery store.  Sigh!



Angela announced October's Rainbow Scrap Challenge Color of the Month:

Light and/or Dark NEUTRALS

During Midweek Meetup I added a quote to a page in my Flowers Magic Journal and added a figure to the page that I started yesterday:


This afternoon I enjoyed my Art Zoom with my friend Belinda...


I painted the following floral page from a Kaye Parmenter tutorial on YouTube done in my Flowers Magic Journal.  It's quite a bit different, but that happens when I watch days before the actual painting is done:



Weekly Quilt Group met at Cheryl's house.  I show off my Quilt Show goodies, but didn't get any pictures.

After a brief stop at the store and lunch with Britt, we enjoyed an ART-venture this afternoon.  A watercolor video from Tammy Kaye was on today's agenda:



Knit Group was held at Beth's house this morning:


During Deandra's Art Zoom this afternoon, I worked on cutting fabric letters for a new quilt project in case I can finish it up in time for this year's Snug as a Bug on a Quilt challenge:


During my Weekly Evening Art Zoom, I cut out some junk mail words before gluing this autumn napkin to my journal page to celebrate the season:


SATURDAY - It's LINK PARTY day for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge!  I hope you will stop by for a visit Angela @ So Scrappy to see what the RSC Quilters have been up to this week.  I thought I might be late to the party because...

I'm heading out for a coffee date with my friend Helena this morning.  Here we are at 1928 Millhouse Coffee:

photo currently unavailable!!

Fortunately, I did enough post prep during the week to publish before leaving home.  Have a good weekend, everyone!

Until next time...
Get SCRAPPY!

1 comment:

  1. I don’t know where you get your energy, but I admire it! I’d like to hear more about Snug As a Bug challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.