Wednesday, September 30, 2026

Wonderful Wednesday - One Final Finish - Summer 2026 (Ravelry) UFO Club

Welcome to another edition of Wonderful Wednesday at The Joyful Quilter blog!! Today I'm here to share the story of a project that has been in the works for WAY too long after a block swap back in 2009.  Yes, you read that correctly.  Around here, project often need to rest before they move to the next step of the quilting process.

This post tells the story of the completion of the Ravelry Wandering Star Swap quilt...

There may have been a post back when the blocks became a top, but that apparently happened sometime between when the blocks arrived and the Fall 2010 session of the UFO Club.  Here's the picture proof:

Well, that didn't work, but you can follow the link above, if you'd like.

Fast forward to the Summer 2026 (Ravelry) UFO Club...

The project was on my list AND on my UFO Challenge list for the year.  It's number was called for September and I rose to the challenge.  At a recent Sew Day hosted by Britt, I pieced a backing...


Layered the quilt and...


 Quilted it, too:


Once home, I was distracted by Quilt Show preparations, but as the end of the month neared, I really wanted to get back to it!

After show prep was complete, binding prep ensued:


Two art sessions provided time for adding the binding to the quilt and stitching it down:


Here is the completed quilt...

On the floor:


On the porch swing...

And at my Monthly Evening Quilt Bee:


Bonus points!!  I backed and bound the quilt with PURPLE in honor of September's Rainbow Scrap Challenge Color of the Month:


Until next time...
Mark another UFO off the list!!!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on the finish, Joy! Glad you got it out of the closet and finished it. It's a pretty star quilt, and pretty purple backing too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.