Wednesday, September 16, 2026

Wonderful Wednesday - Color Wheel Runner - A Completed UFO

Welcome to another edition of Wonderful Wednesday here at The Joyful Quilter blog!!  Today, I'm here to reveal my latest UFO Club/UFO Challenge finish.  This post is a bit tardy, but here is the story.

Since it was YELLOW month at Angela's Rainbow Scrap Challenge...

I had chosen this project for a Mini Retreat at Britt's house.  The blocks, a backing offcut, and a scrap of batting made the trip with me:


I began the retreat by finishing the stitching on the final block, assembling the runner, and layering the lot:


Then came the applique which would double as quilting...


Another round of stitching followed:


Soon, the other two blocks were also quilted:


August, around midmonth I gave Sara @  the following warning...

Orphan blocks and scraps are having a baby, Sara. Delivery date approaching!  :o))

Once home from the mini retreat, I auditioned a collection of scraps for binding:



Not long later...

This is the completed project:


The completed project was taken outside for its porch swing photo.  First one direction...


And then the other:


Until next time...
Mark another UFO off the list!!!

1 comment:

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.