Saturday, September 19, 2026

ScrapHappy Saturday - RSC26 - Week 38

Welcome to Week 38 of the 2026 Rainbow Scrap Challenge!!  This week will be filled with PURPLE scrap projects, art classes and experiments.  There will be pockets of time available for sewing tasks.  The question, as always, is how that time will be used.  Appointments, meetings and art classes tend to fill my days.  Will there be enough energy left for quilting?

Keep reading to see how things went...

SUNDAY -  The day began with my Weekly Morning Art Zoom on Get Messy.  This morning I experimented with collage on the gel plate:


After lunch, I attended Day 3 of Elevate and painted these Coneflowers in watercolor:


MONDAY - Art/Sew Day

At this week's Library Crawl using Messy Recipe #22 I created the following page:


I later met with LeeAnna @ Not Afraid of Color for our Weekly Zoom Call...


During which I worked on the next section of my gel printed collage:


Then made the hanging sleeve for my Grape Candy Coated quilt for the upcoming show:


TUESDAY - Stay at Home Day
.
During the Early Explorers hangout, I worked on another section of my gel plated collage page:


Afterwards, I completed the Day 1 painting for Sushma Hegde's Elevate 5-Day Watercolor Workshop.  Today's painting is Anemones:



During Midweek Meetup I added the final section to this collage create on the gel plate: 


After lunch I attended the LIVE Mark Making session from Curated.  During the demo, I worked on my journal page from Kasia Hart's class that I watched while I ate:


Back from an errand, with plenty of time before dinner, I machine stitched the top side of the hanging sleeve onto Grape Candy Coated:


THURSDAY - Quilt/Art Day

Weekly Quilt Group met at Corbinton Clubhouse hosted by me.  (Thanks to arranging the room, Sue!)  I brought the snacks and reported on this week's goal of Quilt Show prep and attached the hanging sleeve for this scrappy PURPLE quilt:


After lunch, Britt and I enjoyed an ART-venture.  Today we focused on creating Snippet Strips to use in future collage projects:


FRIDAY - Knit Group

We met at 1928 Millhouse Coffee:


After a quick lunch, I went upstairs for Deandra's Art Zoom.  I opted to paint the Lantana from Day 2 lesson of @sushhegde's watercolor event:


After tea time, I painted Phlox with Sushma's video lesson for Day 4:


During my Weekly Evening Art Zoom, I added this page into my Collage Scraps Journal:


Afterwards I painted the floral bouquet from Sushma's Elevate watercolor event:


SATURDAY - It's LINK PARTY day for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge!  I hope you will stop by for a visit Angela @ So Scrappy to see what the RSC Quilters have been up to this week.  I hope to catch up with everyone this weekend.

Any PURPLE scrappy progress this week, Joyful???

Fortunately, yes!  This afternoon, I made PURPLE progress at the Sew Day hosted by Britt today.  Look for that update soon.  Hopefully, this quilt will be finished by the end of the month:


Additional PURPLE scrappy work on the other two projects in this stack:


Until next time...
Get SCRAPPY!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.