Wednesday, August 26, 2026

Wonderful Wednesday - Scrap Club Ugly Fat Quarter Swap - Meeting the Challenge

Welcome to another edition of Wonderful Wednesday!!  This week I'm here to share the story behind the scarf project I completed at the Mini Retreat I attended the weekend before last.  If you saw the finish and don't care about the process, please accept my apologies.  Around here, special projects deserve their own blog post.

This one qualifies...

Back in February, Jeff from Scrap Club suggested those of us going to Quilt Con in Raleigh should to an Ugly FQ Swap and make a challenge project from them.

Here we are at the event...

Jeff, Me, and Teresa

These are the Fat Quarters that I pulled from the bag: 


Along with a goodie bag with two more FQs and a pattern Jeff had designed.  I spent several months contemplating what quilt design to make with the fabrics.  Ultimately, I thought that using Jeff's quilted scarf patter would make the PERFECT challenge project.

Along came Britt's Mini Retreat...

By Day Two, I had finished two of the four projects I brought.  Spoiler Alert - The day ended with my Medley Charm Scarf from JB Handmade as a completed project.  You can find Jeff 's recent work @jbh.studio on Instagram:


As I worked on the scarf, Maggie cut scraps for an exchange.  That pile of fabric on the arm of the sofa was for me:


Here I am stitching down one of the sides:


I used the extra FQ's from Jeff, along with a few from Maggie, and included a "turning string" to make the tube turning easier.  I'm happy to report that it worked like a charm:


Then came the part NOT accounted for in the pattern...

Modifications were made to transform the scarf into a Quilted Cowl.  They don't fall off!  However, closing the circular tube cleanly is a bit of a challenge:


Thanks to Stacy's bag (made at last year's retreat), I'm thrilled with how it turned out:


Until next time...
Challenge SEW Met!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.