▼

Thursday, October 8, 2026

Throwback Thursday - Quilt Show Wrap Up


WARNING!!!  Photo Heavy Post!!!


 Welcome to another edition of Throwback Thursday!!  Yesterday's post shared examples of the variety of work at the Show.  Here is a more personal look at the event.

You might know how much I love color.  BRIGHT colors.  The brighter, the better and especially quilts in a rainbow of colors!  With that in mind, I took photos of quilts that my RSC Quilter friends might appreciate.

Some of my favorites:



















Walking the show floor before my volunteer shifts, I saw the following friends...

A Guild friend who rarely attends meetings:


A Ravelry friend:


A current Beemate:


And...

A former Beemate...


... Who told me that another old friend recently move to my town.  Turns out that friend actually lives around the corner from me!  Well, 3 blocks away, if you want to get technical.  I'm looking forward to visiting her soon.

I also met a new friend.  It feels strange knowing there's another Joy in the Guild:


Here are the quilts that I submitted to the Show...

Two to be judged:

You might have seen the ribbons last week.  This is the collaborative quilt that Britt and I got 3rd place in that category:


I also got a 3rd place ribbon for this miniature quilt:


It was part of a special exhibit for  our Bee Challenge:


I also had two other quilts in the show...


Both for display only:


I hope you enjoyed the Show.  Thanks for coming along with me.

Until next time...
Let's go SEW!!!





5 comments:

  1. I did enjoy the show! Thanks so much for sharing! I sure loved your little bee challenge quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on those ribbons!! What fun to see so many friends. You chose well with the rainbow of colors you shared. That first one is amazing!! Our guild has 5 ladies named Deb. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your ribbons. Beautiful quilts all around.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic quilts! I love the bright colors too. Congrats on your ribbons!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely to see what others are making, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.