Saturday, March 17, 2018

ScrapHappy Saturday - RSC18 - Week 11

Welcome to Week 11 of the Rainbow Scrap Challenge!!

SUNDAY - Cynthia announced her Quilty Orphan Adoption coming soon!!  Thursday thru Saturday this week.  I may post a reminder tomorrow or the next day.

Meanwhile, this fabric (from a bolt shared with Needleb) will be the lining of this month's attempt at using up my LIGHT/ BRIGHT GREEN scraps in another Fiona Scrap Basket:



MONDAY - I released a Mystery Monday post.  Alycia released Clue #5 of The Patriot Mystery.  (Spoiler Alert: It's the reveal.)  Libby at Life on the Hill blog hosted a Link-Up today.  I also finished the ditch quilting on my antique Double Wedding Ring quilt this evening:



Working on this quilt was my February Scrap Attack goal.  (Hey!  It's scrappy!!)  I made minimal progress, so continued into March (along with my new goals for working through my scraps.)  Although, the DWR will be removed from the rails to tackle some other projects in the works.  The ditch quilting (term used loosely) was just a warm-up for another quilt!

TUESDAY - Released a Tidy Up Tuesday post.  Wouldn't want anyone to miss the opportunity to participate in Cynthia's Quilty Orphan Adoption over on Quilting is More Fun Than Housework (and I know it can take some time to pull projects and write up a post!)

WEDNESDAY - Happy Pi Day!!  3.14.  A little FYI...  Sarah at Confessions of a Fabric Addict is hosting her 8th annual Hands2Help Charity Quilt Challenge:



I signed up to participate and thought I would post a reminder for any of my readers who aren't familiar with Sarah's blog or her charity project.  (In doing so, I get another shot at her drawing and just might win a set of yummy fabrics that she has up for grabs!)

I finished the day with Girls Night Out and I released a new edition of Wonderful Wednesday.  YOU won't want to miss this one!!

THURSDAY - Cynthia's Quilty Orphan Adoption started today!!  Did YOU find any fabrics, projects, or notions to include?


Quilting is more fun than Housework

Please find my items for re-homing in today's Quilty Orphan Adoption post.  My own Adoption Event will be OPEN through Friday, March 23rd.  Choose your favorite today!!

FRIDAY - Whew!!  Another whirlwind week!!  I'm finishing out with a couple hours of sewing time with Needleb.  It's my favorite way to start the weekend.  Thanks, B!!

I got the base of another Quilted Yarn Bowl pieced this afternoon:


The Yarn Bowl is a quick gift for a friend.  My nail color is spot on.  That sicky yellow-green in the piecing isn't!  It is actually a nice, soft shade of LIGHT GREEN.

Needleb was also working with a bit of green:


With her new basket complete, she was leaning in to try and get a good photo with the sun streaming in the palladium window:


She brought this piece of silk for me from Weekly Quilt Group meeting yesterday.  Thank you, Jean!  It's one of my best colors:


Oh!  Libby released Clue #4 of the Magical Mystery.  It slipped my mind, but then I saw it as I  was taking a brief tour around BlogLand before bed.  (Sorry, Lib!!  It's been a LONG week.)

SATURDAY - Happy St. Patrick's Day!  This is one of my favorite things in LIGHT/BRIGHT GREEN:


OK!  Did someone steal one of my days this week?  It passed in a blur!  Here it is LINK PARTY day, again.  Go see what wonderful LIGHT/BRIGHT GREEN projects have been shared over at Angela's So Scrappy blog.

New in my garden last weekend:



It only missed Transition Week by 7 days.  Oh well, it's got the Spring GREEN covered for March, too.  :o))

Until next time...
Get Scrappy!!!

9 comments:

  1. Love your iris, my mom's favorite flower. I spotted a couple coming up in my new garden. I'm anxious to see what color they are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a great green fabric to line your green scrap basket with! Maybe you'll still have some scraps of it leftover! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that basket! And yes, your nail polish is spot on! Happy St. Patrick's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what a whirlwind week with lots of progress!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good progress on green! I loved you pic of the little iris. It is a Standard Dwaf Bearded one, meaning about 6-10 inches tall, the first ones to bloom. I used to raise irises by the dozens and do miss them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely yellow-green lining! And your jacket! I love seeing what’s popping up in gardens. That wonderful promise of spring!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful iris! I'm jealous. The DWR quilt is coming along nicely, and always more fun to sew with a friend right?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm with Kate. Wow, do you have a lot of irons in the fire, but you're making great progress. Thank you for the list of links to this week's activities. I've had a good morning checking so many new ones out.

    ReplyDelete
  9. There's a lot going on in your life right now. Beautiful iris! We won't have those until about May here.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.