Sunday, February 25, 2018

Sew Some Love Sunday - The Thomas Top

Welcome to another edition of Sew Some Love Sunday!!  This week you are in for a real treat.  I'm here to show you how my Quilt Bee's most recent donation quilt came together.

It went together in quadrants, like this:


Here are the four quadrants squished together, ready for assembly:


Hooray!  The top half is sewn together:


Here is the completed top with our generous volunteer, NeedleB:


I knew you would want to see the completed Thomas Fire relief quilt top.  Isn't is lovely?!  Here is one last look:


The thing you are going to want to remember is the technique that we used for creating the border!!!  Scrappy border chunks were added as the rows were assembled.  It saves the maker from having to wrangle long borders AFTER the top has been put together.  The hardest part is not forgetting this slick trick BEFORE the blocks have been transformed into a top!

Thank you to all members of CCLQ who contributed blocks for our Thomas Fire Relief Quilt!  Gratitude goes out to C. Breeze Quilt Studio for volunteering to do the quilting on this group project.  We appreciate the time and talent that will go into stitching!!

Until next time...
Sew Some Love!!!

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful top and a great tip on the border.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish I could have contributed. Maybe next time (and I hope there isn't a next time).

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks fantastic! I love your tip about the borders - thanks! ~Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! It is gorgeous. I might have to steal this setting idea as I really love it. Great job, ladies. ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely quilt. I especially like the design and the shading is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the blue and white together! It's a beautiful quilt top.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that little bit of pink in there!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A very fun finish for a very good cause.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.