Saturday, February 17, 2018

ScrapHappy Saturday - RSC18 - Week 7

Welcome to Week 7 of the Rainbow Scrap Challenge!!  This week marks the middle of February.  There are some interesting happenings. Read on to find out all about it...

SUNDAY - It's laundry day, as I just wasn't in the mood to tackle Mt. Washmore yesterday.  Silly, really!  Laundry is the easiest household chore there is.  It gave me a chance to scare up some more PURPLE scraps that were hiding up in the studio:


During the downtime involved in doing laundry, I released another edition of Sew Some Love Sunday this afternoon.

MONDAY - I started quilting my newest Quilted Yarn Bowl... last night (and forgot to take a picture.)  I started with orange and added lime today.  I also released my newest Mail Call Monday post.

Oh!  Sharon at Moosecraft wanted to know the shade name for this month's nail color.  With 600 bottles from which to choose, it was a challenge to locate the right one!

At first, we thought it was MISS PURPLELARITY:



By Cuccio:



However, upon closer inspection, we realized that one was a little bit darker than the color I'm wearing.  Here it is!  It's PURPLE RAIN IN SPAIN:




By CND  Creative Play:




TUESDAY - I added the hot pink quilting on my Quilted Yarn Bowl and trimmed it up.  It's ready for assembly... tomorrow.  The scraps came from Sandy at Sew... This is my Blog.  Thank you SEW much, Sandy!!!  Here is a reminder of the scraps used:


WEDNESDAY - Happy Valentine's Day, quilting friends!!  Sandra at MMMQuilts! has a gift for us all.  Today is the beginning of her Postcard From Sweden QAL:

MMM Quilts Postcards From Sweden Quilt Along


 Look!!  PURPLE in it (for the RSC Color of the Month.)

THURSDAY - GALentine's Day Knit Night!!  Wine might have been involved... depending on your preferences.

Bubbly:



Red:



Or white:



One friend had the house to herself and invited us all over for dinner (7 of us!) and knitting, but the quilter in me wanted to race home to start sewing on Alycia's newest mystery, A7 - The Patriot Mystery Quilt.  She released the first clue yesterday.  Looks like a fun clue!! Head over to see what she wants us to do.

FRIDAY - This week's (main) scrappy finish was a Quilted Yarn Bowl FOR ME!!!  I used my "Sandy" scraps and finished this off on Wednesday afternoon while sewing with Needleb:


Please note that I added PURPLE binding (in honor of the RSC Color of the Month.)  I am SEW happy to have a Quilted Yarn Bowl of my very own!!  Special thanks to Sandy for the scraps and to my friend Britt for the lining fabric.

SATURDAY - Already?!?!  Yep.  It's that time, again.  Head over to Angela's So Scrappy blog for the weekly LINK PARTY for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge.  You are sure to see projects in THESE shades and many more:


The color card shown above comes to you compliments of the local Big Box Home Store.  Paint chips to inspire your RSC sewing.

I was a little late to the party, as my Monthly Quilt Bee meeting was this morning.  We had a baker's dozen members show up to chat, share projects, and enjoy a fabulous Pot Luck lunch.

Linking up with Cynthia for Oh Scrap!

Until next time...
Get Scrappy!!!

19 comments:

  1. I love purple and am dying to get into my purple scraps, but I'm going to act like a grown up (sigh) and finish my obligation sewing first. I have 2 graduation quilts that need to be done by May. After that, I get to play, and I will join back in the RSC.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty yarn bowl. And it is yours!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll have a glass of that moscato, please! :) Love the yarn bowl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That quilted yarn bowl is so scrappy and fun! Love the purple binding, too! I'm not sure I could knit while drinking wine - I already lose my place easily when I'm not even drinking...:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The whole time I was reading (and that alone is such fun!) I was thinking that the yarn bowl is a bowl made from yarn (knitted), but I see now it's a bowl FOR your yarn but made of scraps. I like it! I made several last fall then filled them with other studio goodies to give to the girls in my family. Now there are fabric bowls in different sizes in every room. (I'm claiming a hit!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a cute yarn bowl. I love seeing how others use their scraps.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad to hear you now have a quilted Yarn Bowl just for you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Purple Rain in Spain it is! :-) Thank you! Laundry is one of my favorite chores...scents the air while washing, while drying....and everything is so soft and fresh when finished drying...it's a win, win, WIN! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. As usual, a busy week for you. I don't know how you do so much. Of course, if I were 20 years younger, I might be right there with you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's about time you made a bowl for yourself! It is so bright and cheerful, just like you, Joy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Another full week, your purple scraps look inviting, and your yarn bowl is delightful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your bowl idea is a great way to use those scraps. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Another full week! Lots of fun stitching going on. Happy stitching this week.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a cute yarn bowl. I love the bright colors.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oo, are you doing the Postcard From Sweden Quilt Along (or the Swedalong, as I like to call it)? So fun! I'm doing it with patterned fabric from my stash instead of buying solids.

    Love the bright scraps in your latest bowl!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You are SEW welcome. It's fun to see the scraps I sent being turned into such beautiful projects. Glad you're having fun!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You are very productive and I adore your sewn scraps. Purplicious is a very Royal and lovely color. Creative Bliss...<3

    ReplyDelete
  18. I agree, laundry is a cinch! (But don't tell anyone. You can get a lot of mileage out of how "busy" you are.) Okay, I just figured out, you have RSC nails? What fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.