Saturday, December 23, 2017

ScrapHappy Saturday - RSC17 - Week 51

Welcome to Week 51 of the Rainbow Scrap Challenge!!  I'm not quite sure how we got to this point in 2017, but 2018 is on its way (and SEW is Christmas!!!)  

First, let's backtrack...

Friday... I forgot to share a newly completed knitting project.  I finished my Christmas Magic Cowl... exactly one year and one day after starting it:



Saturday... after doing my weekly RSC post for Angela's LINK PARTY, I went over to Needleb's for an afternoon of quilting.  I went over on Friday, but didn't take my sewing machine.  I sat and knit instead (since I had stayed up WAY past my bedtime working on quilted "elf sewing" the night before!)

SEW...

With my machine in tow, I worked on Clue #4 of the On Ringo Lake Mystery.  It's STILL not too late for YOU just jump in!  All of the Clues and Link-Ups can be found HERE:



After completing my Mystery work, I added patch pockets to the last three Trail Totes:


I started to call it a day...

... But decided that the guys wouldn't be ready for dinner yet.  Since I didn't bring any other projects, I was forced to attach the straps to those last three Trail Totes:


Guess what?!?!?!

Needleb only had to show me the process on ONE of those and the other two I attached all on my own.  It only took EIGHT times to FINALLY get it!!!!!!!!!!!  I'm just a BIT directionally challenged!!  LOL!!!!!!!  :o))

SUNDAY - I was a lump on the couch nearly the whole day through.  It was a GOOD thing, though!  I was able to catch up on a lot of computer work and catch up on what's been going on in BlogLand, too.

MONDAY - Knit Group was followed with a sewing lesson for a new knitter.  Not traditional sewing, but attaching a pocket to a knitted scarf... using yarn.  And a darning needle.  It was interesting, to say the least!

Before bed, I went up and finished the LAST project currently in Santa's Sweatshop.  Boy, does THAT feel good!!

TUESDAY - After a morning of household chores, I went off to be pampered at the hairdressers.  I don't know about you, but my neck hates the shampoo bowl, but my head LOVES getting my hair shampooed!!  It's one of THE BEST things on earth.  :o))

Instead of heading straight home, I opted to head directly to the coffee shop for a session with my Hoodie Shawl Cardigan and a London Fog Latte (and maybe a big ole' chocolate chip cookie, but we'll just pretend that part never happened.)  :P

WEDNESDAY - Another FREE morning was followed by an afternoon of errands and other such...

After which, I dropped by Needleb's for some friendly sewing time!  I made some progress on my Scrap Jar Stars in BROWN.  The 16-Patch portions are done and waiting for star points:



I also did a bit of BROWN scrap sewing for another of Fiona's scrappy QAYG Scrap Baskets:


Needleb worked on a Christmas Tree Skirt:


THURSDAY - Today was the day for my Weekly Quilt Group's Holiday Potluck.  YUM!!!  There were also a few gifts exchanged:



Oops!  A couple of the baskets got stuck in my bag:


I got a scrappy key chain...


... A quilted postcard...



... And a handy dandy Craftsman multi-driver that fits most DSMs:



I also made some progress on one of my current knitting projects:

 

FRIDAY - "Sweater Class" was graced with a guest today:


I followed this up with some sewing with Needleb.  I completed a fair amount of cutting...



... Along with a little bit of sewing - SJS style, of course.  These blocks aren't going to make themselves, you know!  The HSTs are now sewn for the star points:



Needleb finished her Tree Skirt... sans binding:


I also did some elf sewing, but I can't share that just yet.  Soon!

SATURDAY - We have arrived at the next-to-last LINK PARTY of the year.  It's totally incomprehensible, but there you have it.

Until next time...
Get Scrappy!!!

11 comments:

  1. Have yourself a happy holiday time. Enjoy the family, friends and food. ;^D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Another whirlwind week! What is the "magic" in the Christmas Magic Cowl? I love cowls - need to see a picture of you wearing it! Also, love the green sweater you're wearing - did you make that too? Hope you make lots of wonderful Christmas memories with your family this year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your brown scrap jar stars are looking good! I bet your quilt group loved their baskets. Merry Christmas, Joy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look at you go!!! You have great projects! Enjoy your Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a Joyful Christmas, Girlfriend! Hope to see you sometime in 2018.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sew busy! Hope you have a wonderful holiday weekend with family and friends.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank for visiting and commenting on my blog! My you have been busy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your experience with the Trail straps was exactly like mine with the larger basket I made like your turquoise one. Agghh! So my other two strip pieced panels are becoming grocery totes, sooo much easier and should be done tomorrow (or early Christmas morning). May yours be,blessed with merriment and love.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another busy and productive week. Glad you finished all the elf sewing. That's a celebration in itself. Have a very Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are one busy maker-of-things! I have one last binding to do for Christmas so I better hop to it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your blog is delightful and informative. I find it inspirational in triggering ideas for my own work. Yes, I have participated in the RSC 2017 challenge and now to quilt the work!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.